Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

I'd sell Murphy and keep Almiron unless we get offered something silly for him. Murphy is too limited and only really plays one way which doesn't wholly suit our style of play anyway. An impact sub role suits Almiron to a tee. He'll bust a gut any chance he'll get and isn't likely to sulk on the bench. He's also willing to roam around the field and get on the ball from deep so would be another option in midfield if we're chasing a game.

9 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Plane with Gambia squad, including wor Yakuba on board, has had to make an emergency landing due to lack of oxygen. Could have all died apparently :yikes:

Fuck me, don’t want to sound like a cunt but that would of taken our injury jinx to a new level.

3 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Fuck me, don’t want to sound like a cunt but that would of taken our injury jinx to a new level.

Thank you for taking this one my friend, I had toiled with typing "this would have been peak Newcastle" :lol:

Obviously glad everyone is safe 😅

On 08/01/2024 at 16:06, Smal said:

release Ritchie, Minteh can replace him and be an actual viable option. Especially late on in games with his speed. Add a new right winger. 

Aye.

And sell Murph. Almiron takes Murphy's position. Minteh takes Ritchie's but actually plays. New lad takes Almiron's current position.

On 08/01/2024 at 17:04, Rafalove said:

Hope he works on his right foot, I love Miggy, but I’m not sure I can take having another rw so one footed.

Looks VERY one footed from what i've seen of him.

He does that thing Miggy does, where he makes shots more difficult for himself because he's going with his left rather than using the right.

But he also looks very exciting.

It wouldn’t be Howe’s fault, one of the Gambia player’s read on their parent club fan forums that planes can quite possibly leave the atmosphere. This player told everyone on board and they all thought they should check this out

A very close call. Hopefully no long term impact for anyone, but when you have a plane full of people being put to sleep, you have to worry.

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye.

And sell Murph. Almiron takes Murphy's position. Minteh takes Ritchie's but actually plays. New lad takes Almiron's current position.

Would Almiron want to stay and warm the bench? Murphy is happy to, but I could see Miggy wanting to leave for first team football

This is crazy:

"People still have headaches, vomiting, are dizzy, it could take weeks before we recover from this," Saintfiet added. "We are confused, and we're even saying to not go to the Africa Cup, because we don't get treated as we want.

"We have families, we have children, but [they] put us in the cheapest plane possible. We haven't trained for three days, didn't sleep for three days, for two days we've had no lunch.

"If this is the case, let's go home, let's forget AFCON."

Saintfiet said his Gambia team remain in Banjul, having refused invitation from the Gambia FA to reattempt the 2100-km flight on the same aircraft they originally boarded on Wednesday.

"They tried to put us on a plane -- the same plane -- this morning, and we all refused it," Saintfiet said. "Even if tomorrow we have to travel on a commercial flight, we will do, but we will not enter that plane, or any similar type of small propeller-type plane.

"We fly with a real plane, not with a illegal plane or a plane like that."

I feel confident that people would love Miggy as a squad player. He's an excellent rotation option / sub in various situations. His limitations just become incredibly frustrating when he's playing every minute of every game (which is also impacting his performances).

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Where would Miggy go ? He’s not guaranteed to start at any other PL club. 

I don't think he'd have his heart set on staying in the PL. He hasn't made the effort to learn the lingo, which suggests his life isn't here long term. Saudi would be my guess or a mid table Spanish team