Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

11 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I can completely understand Feyenoord fans being pissed off with just assisting with another club’s youth development.  Feyenoord loaning prospects from us is a sign of just how utterly fucked football economics are.  

Fuck them, the mackem loving cvnts.

Prob a situation similar to Gordon at Everton. Feyenoord fans prob expect to be winning the league but they’re 10 points behind PSV and they’re pissed ‘cause Minteh isn’t winning them the league himself. Just to be clear I’m not saying Everton were challenging for the league but Gordon had a lot of expectation on him to keep them up. 

Edited by Joelinton7

2 hours ago, Beth said:

Fuck them, the mackem loving cvnts.

There are probably three or four Feyenoord fans like that, which the Mackems have blown out of proportion.  The links are absolutely tenuous.

Feyenoord are giants of European football.  It’s a shite state of affairs that they’re being used for youth development for English clubs

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

Prob a situation similar to Gordon at Everton. Feyenoord fans prob expect to be winning the league but they’re 10 points behind PSV and they’re pissed ‘cause Minteh isn’t winning them the league himself. Just to be clear I’m not saying Everton were challenging for the league but Gordon had a lot of expectation on him to keep them up. 

European football hasn't helped their cause and league form. Also, PSV are undefeated this season. Feyenoord have 2 losses and 2 more draws. The teenage loanee is hardly their real issue :lol: ....also finishing second and they get CL football again. There's literally nothing to complain about. 

38 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

watching his highlights I saw him look up before crossing and use his right foot so he's well ahead of Miggy already.

Looking up is something many of our players struggle with, no exaggeration. 

On 01/03/2024 at 03:56, Kanji said:

My lifelong Feyenoord supporting friend said he’s still very very raw, needs to develop better decision making but has tremendous skill, pace and instinctive at times and very deadly. Said he thinks more time on loan before coming to the PL. wouldn’t mind him again.  

Yeah. My Feyenoord supporting mate says he lacks end product, often flatters to deceive. Doesn't sound like he'll be ready for the PL next year.

Going to be a tricky one sorting a loan then. If he's not PL ready, ideally a Championship move would be good, but how do you motivate yourself to go from playing for a club like Feyenoord and regular European football, to go to say Sheffield United or Burnley for a year?

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Going to be a tricky one sorting a loan then. If he's not PL ready, ideally a Championship move would be good, but how do you motivate yourself to go from playing for a club like Feyenoord and regular European football, to go to say Sheffield United or Burnley for a year?

Maybe a French club?

He's proven he can play at a decent standard. I'd sooner just keep him and let us iron out any flaws ourselves.

The risk with some loans is that they're not arsed about that side of things. They just want him for there and then, if he's not good enough, he doesn't play.

Don't forget Anderson went on what we thought was one of the token League 2 loans usually followed by release and a stint at Gateshead or Blyth and came into the first team mix within months.

If Minteh has shown glimpses at Feyenoord that's a really good sign, a season working with Howe and the coaches on his consistency, end product, ball retention etc will be just what he needs. As he starts to improve on the key areas he'll doubtless get opportunities as an impact sub or in the cups.

Anderson’s loan wasn’t a “token league 2” loan. He was building up hype in the youth team by then, and was rumoured and linked with loans to championship and league one teams. It was wildly thought that Bristol was well below his level and so it proved, but went there most likely because Joey and Shola are good pals.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

seems an easy scapegoat when he’s a the loan player. 

I think it's almost time to bring him into the squad. We could possibly sell Miggy to ease FFP and have him play that position 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

The pressing will impress Eddie.

His pressing and defensive work is likely what gets him a chance perhaps a lot sooner than we think.

He really looks made for a Howe team to me. Hope he works hard in pre-season and takes his chance like Anderson and Miley did.