Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

If us selling Minteh is the difference between keeping Bruno then yeah, we'd be crazy not to sell. Minteh could yet be the next Demarai Gray or Hudson-Odoi.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If someone on the continent like a Porto or Benfica offered us £25-30 million for him this summer, would you take it if it helped our FFP and keep Bruno/Isak?

Sure throw in a next sale % and a buy back clause and it’s the perfect deal 

13 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

If us selling Minteh is the difference between keeping Bruno then yeah, we'd be crazy not to sell. Minteh could yet be the next Demarai Gray or Hudson-Odoi.

What if he's Sadio Mane or Mo Salah. 

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

If someone on the continent like a Porto or Benfica offered us £25-30 million for him this summer, would you take it if it helped our FFP and keep Bruno/Isak?

Personally no - Minteh is all upside based on what we've seen. Could easily see him fetching 40, 50, 60 million quid one day. Chance he flames out sure, but these are the risks we need to be taking as we try to overcome FFP imo

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Very similar to Bruno how he gets his body between the opposition and the ball, only that he's twice as fast as him.

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If we keep him and buy a new RW, i'd only sell one of Murphy or Almiron.

Keep Murphs for versatily, sell Miggy (as much as I like him and if he’s willing to play ball) to SA for a decent fee, get Minteh in as understudy to a new first choice RW would be the ideal scenario I suppose. If finances are stretched and we need to prioritise other positions (center forward and center back spring to mind, perhaps left back and goalkeeper too) then I’d be happy to either give Minteh the chance to make the position his own or loan him out again and go for a number 1 RW.

Always hard to judge a player in the Dutch league, but the fact he’s lightening quick should help him convert to the PL easier.

Seems to have a knack for dispossessing players high up the pitch as well, which will lend itself to our high pressing style.

Alright @Ikon, you ready for some more..?

Willem van Hanegem, Feyenoord legend in his weekly column in AD:

People can keep grumbling about Yankuba Minteh, but I'm on the edge of my seat with him," Van Hanegem begins in his column in Algemeen Dagblad. “He defends at the highest pace and he keeps looking for his man.”

Van Hanegem does not agree with this criticism of Minteh. “Of course he sometimes makes the wrong choice. So what?”, De Kromme protects the Newcastle United loanee. “At Manchester United, all players make the wrong choices almost the entire match and we pretend that Erik ten Hag just needs a little time,” he concludes.

ESPN commentator Kenneth Perez:

''He has developped beyond the roling-the-dice player. He is an example of a player who is so lucky to now be playing for Feyenoord at such a young age. Especially that he met Slot and that he can learn all those tactical things."

Post match interview (in bad English from the interviewer and the interviewee) with the man himself here: https://nos.nl/video/2515887-uitblinker-minteh-mooie-dag-voor-rotterdam-en-gambia

17 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Keep Murphs for versatily, sell Miggy (as much as I like him and if he’s willing to play ball) to SA for a decent fee, get Minteh in as understudy to a new first choice RW would be the ideal scenario I suppose. If finances are stretched and we need to prioritise other positions (center forward and center back spring to mind, perhaps left back and goalkeeper too) then I’d be happy to either give Minteh the chance to make the position his own or loan him out again and go for a number 1 RW.

I'd get shot of Murphy and keep Almiron unless we got a silly saudi offer for him. Gordon/Barnes on the left and new RW/Minteh on the right with Almiron as a decent impact sub.

27 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Post match interview (in bad English from the interviewer and the interviewee) with the man himself here: https://nos.nl/video/2515887-uitblinker-minteh-mooie-dag-voor-rotterdam-en-gambia

Hyping our exciting prospect and slating Manure all in a single quote. Lovely stuff. 

52 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

This is an incredible shot at Man U.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'd still rather have Bruno for another 4/5 years.

Yeah totally,

I don't get why people think selling a talent has much to do with Bruno staying.

Bruno is contracted for another four seasons, he only leaves if the release clause is triggered.

5 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

What if he's Sadio Mane or Mo Salah. 

Really like the Sadio Mane comparison. Looks like he has a similar tenacious and explosive style.

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

If we keep him and buy a new RW, i'd only sell one of Murphy or Almiron.

Yeah I'd keep one of them as 3rd choice LW & RW. Whoever we could get the most cash for, sell basically.

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Quite a few Feyenoord fans did appear to be absolutely slating him over the winter despite some decent output. However, it's Twitter, and some of our fans on there are the stupidest lot going.

Name names. 

4 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

He turned down a move to KSA just over two months ago

55 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He turned down a move to KSA just over two months ago

Wasn’t aware he turned it down, just that for some reason it broke down. Maybe with some more reflection and preparation time he’s now open to such a move. Think that’s our best bet of getting a decent fee.

I like Miggy though, so no averse to him staying. Needs to sort out his fitness issues though, but that goes for half our squad at the moment.

5 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

As you know, my boss who is a massive supporter of theirs has been telling me this all along!