Yankuba Minteh

Is it just me whose skin crawls at forming a partnership with Feyenoord? Just about the only Dutch we've come across who were unrelenting wankers. Sunderland were welcome to them.

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

About which part? Signing him or who we've loaned him to?

Well, the headline/most  important bit; we’ve signed another really promising young player. 
Plus, I kind of get a kick (and double-take) that we are now a team who can afford to sign someone with top drawer ‘potential’, to the extent that  a European champion wants him on loan.    

http://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2021/09/08/loan-pathways-the-buy-to-loan-model/

Not sure if it's been posted, but this is a good read from September 2021 about Brighton's Buy-to-Loan model developed by Dan Ashworth, highlights Alexis Mac Allister, Robert Sanchez, and others. Very clear we're implementing this on a larger scale due to our size. Irrespective of the morality of the model itself, it's a very smart way to find and grow young talent.

One thing for sure, we have to trust in the recruitment because it's been pretty good so far and Minteh does look an exciting prospect to add to the already strong young recruitment we've brought in in a short space of time, on top of those who made it through the last tenure.

It's a really exciting time to be a Newcastle United fan.

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Is it just me whose skin crawls at forming a partnership with Feyenoord? Just about the only Dutch we've come across who were unrelenting wankers. Sunderland were welcome to them.

Don’t forget ADO Den Haag for racially abusing our players in preseason. 

1 hour ago, Memphis said:

Not sure if it's been posted, but this is a good read from September 2021 about Brighton's Buy-to-Loan model developed by Dan Ashworth, highlights Alexis Mac Allister, Robert Sanchez, and others. Very clear we're implementing this on a larger scale due to our size. Irrespective of the morality of the model itself, it's a very smart way to find and grow young talent.

Worth noting as well deals of this nature will facilitate some of the player trading out that Howe has discussed. 

33 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Care to expand?

Multiple running battles with them in the early-mid 2000s. I know they're your team, but my major experience of them is them constantly seeking, and failing to get, revenge on us following the CL tie, turning up at places like Breda and Alkmaar to launch sneak attacks on dads with kids. Low class tossers.

2 hours ago, Memphis said:

Absolutely this.

Our buy to loan policy in recent years - aside from being pretty non-existent - consisted of sending youngsters to shitty Scottish sides, Carlisle and other League 2 shite, so I'm all for it.

Dare I say it looks like Shola has done a good job loaning him out to Feyenoord, provided he gets decent amount of playing time? Feyenoord seems to like high pressing from their forwards like Howe going by what the interviewer says, Minteh says he's mint at the defensive part of the game too and is happy to put in the hard work without the ball. Get him used to a bit higher level than the danish league and have him ready to play a part for us next season?

13 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Dare I say it looks like Shola has done a good job loaning him out to Feyenoord, provided he gets decent amount of playing time? Feyenoord seems to like high pressing from their forwards like Howe going by what the interviewer says, Minteh says he's mint at the defensive part of the game too and is happy to put in the hard work without the ball. Get him used to a bit higher level than the danish league and have him ready to play a part for us next season?

Howay man. The system is as follows:

Shit loan = Shola's doing

Great loan = Another top move by Ashworth/Howe/Mad Dog/Mandy

20 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I’d be very surprised if Shola had any say in this whatsoever.

His position is likely ceremonial 

Shola might call up now and again and ask how the loan players are doing. Book a couple of flight/ train tickets and hotels. Arrange a welfare visit. That sort of thing. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

Shola might call up now and again and ask how the loan players are doing. Book a couple of flight/ train tickets and hotels. Arrange a welfare visit. That sort of thing. 

Awesome job if you could get it. 

The thought of Shola Ameobi suggesting Feyenoord has me in fits. Just cycling through good teams he’s played against. 

can’t wait until we send Garang to Dynamo Kyiv and try to loan Anderson to Juventus

2 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Howay man. The system is as follows:

Shit loan = Shola's doing

Great loan = Another top move by Ashworth/Howe/Mad Dog/Mandy

2 hours ago, LV said:

I’d be very surprised if Shola had any say in this whatsoever.

His position is likely ceremonial 

Right on cue :lol:

Do any of you really believe the utter arse gravyness spewed about Shola, i mean his football ability aside and the Ashley coin being taken.

Do you actually think that Dan Ashworth and the rest of the now very professional members of our now superbly run club, look as Shola and think, he's doing a crap job but we'll leave him in place to bumble along. While we go about getting this club to very top, we'll leave a village idiot in charge of a very important job, or leave him in his role and just bypass him ? He'd be gone ffs, jettisoned in the abyss, so to speak.

You actually think Ashworth, Eales, and the rest of them haven't looked at Shola, vetted and  interviewed him when they did a full review of the club from top to bottom, and then LEFT him in the clearly vital role to our future because he's useless ?  Or maybe they actually think he will do a great job ?  I suppose time will tell, but by christ the utter pap about what he does in his job is mental.

Edited by Bimpy474

3 hours ago, 80 said:

Multiple running battles with them in the early-mid 2000s. I know they're your team, but my major experience of them is them constantly seeking, and failing to get, revenge on us following the CL tie, turning up at places like Breda and Alkmaar to launch sneak attacks on dads with kids. Low class tossers.

First I’ve ever heard of that, but fair enough if that happened. Such behaviour is not on.

They’re my local team (well, Sparta is even closer, but local biggish team), but I don’t support them. Coincidentally it was the aggressiveness of the supporters towards opponent players that put me off them when I went to a few games as a student having moved to Rotterdam.

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

First I’ve ever heard of that, but fair enough if that happened. Such behaviour is not on.

They’re my local team (well, Sparta is even closer, but local biggish team), but I don’t support them. Coincidentally it was the aggressiveness of the supporters towards opponent players that put me off them when I went to a few games as a student having moved to Rotterdam.

Who's your Dutch team mate?