Yankuba Minteh

Just now, Upthemags said:

I dont think we should assume that there will be accessible right wing upgrades actually available to us... All signs are pointing towards Olise getting poached by someone else. Unless there's some bona fide target in mind that we have a very good shot at, I think we should just let the lad play and let him develop with us. Is it a risk? Sure. Is there a chance he turns into a 100 million pound target? Yes.

A goal contribution per 90 min (granted its the Dutch, but still) is serious. He's 99th percentile in many of the relevant categories to be a world class winger. I don't think we should be so quick to show the lad the door.

I will snap if we have another year of Murphy and almiron as the main threat on rw. Especially if we let Minteh go without giving him a chance.

He definitely has something, if there is any truth to Liverpool wanting him with Edwards back steering the whole thing and looking at how he dominated statistically the season in the Dutch league. Even got to play some CL.

we will have to pay 60 million minimum for a decent RW if we don’t want to develop, and if we want then I would rather we give Minteh the chance.

If we get good money and include a buy-back clause, we're laughing.

Loads of potential, but still really raw. Certainly more favourable than selling one of the crown jewels.

We'd have to be at a very advanced stage in discussions for someone they're all in on to even consider selling him to Liverpool. Slot must know he's the real deal and it'd be a terrible look if that turned out to be the case.

Safest option would be to sell him to a non PL side for a reasonable fee ~25m and include a buy back clause.

I'll be pretty fucking annoyed if this lad is sold before Almiron like. I can understand the need/urge to cash in as it's essentially free money but no decision needs to be made about what to do until after Almiron has been moved on. He's the issue at RW and has been for a long, long time. It's an old, broken record I know but moving him on needs to be number 1 priority

9 minutes ago, midds said:

I'll be pretty fucking annoyed if this lad is sold before Almiron like. I can understand the need/urge to cash in as it's essentially free money but no decision needs to be made about what to do until after Almiron has been moved on. He's the issue at RW and has been for a long, long time. It's an old, broken record I know but moving him on needs to be number 1 priority

Had this argument at length last night. I got the need for money but selling this kid would sting especially to another PL team 

Posted (edited)

Would be massively frustrating to flip him before he's even played for us. And to those cunts.

SellAlmiron.com available?

Edited by Skeletor

Also... you don't just sell your best prospect to Liverpool - a direct competitor - for £40m. That's nuts. If you're selling to clubs like Liverpool it needs to be for £80m+, else you're just accepting your level is being their feeder club. 

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

Also... you don't just sell your best prospect to Liverpool - a direct competitor - for £40m. That's nuts. If you're selling to clubs like Liverpool it needs to be for £80m+, else you're just accepting your level is being their feeder club. 

Or think: We have a highly rated prospect in a long-term problem position. Let's use Minteh and sell Almiron.

Massive risk attached selling him to Liverpool, he might be a flop but if he isn’t and sets the PL alight, then Howe and co better be bloody sure they’ve got a top drawer right sided player lined up.

Where not in a position like Man City where we can let a Cole Palmer slip through the net.

16 minutes ago, Beth said:

We've got to keep him and sell Almiron and/or Murphy. We can't be that hard up surely.

See him as back up to our RW upgrade and then develope him. 

22 minutes ago, Beth said:

We've got to keep him and sell Almiron and/or Murphy. We can't be that hard up surely.

Don't think it's about being 'hard up,' it's about what represents good business. If we can turn a humongous profit on an asset we've invested pennies in, it's going to be tempting and, sadly, exactly the sort of thing we should be doing in the backward world of PSR.

The order of which we sell players is barely relevant, especially when it's going to be a huge bonus if we can shift the likes of Almiron at all (for any meaningful fee). Murphy shouldn't come into it imo; he's far too useful to sell for a negligible fee. 

Don't want us to sell him and 100% agree with moving on Almiron first. Jacob Murphy got 1 more assist just last season (7) than Almiron has in his entire Newcastle career (6).

Don't think we'll get Olise. Think Pedro Neto misses too many games. I've mentioned I really want us to go for Nico Williams but getting players out of Bilbao will be tough, even with his release clause.

Regardless, our LW options being Gordon, Barnes, Joelinton and maybe Anderson and the RW options being a new big money signing, Minteh and Murphy would be class.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Murphy shouldn't come into it imo; he's far too useful to sell for a negligible fee. 

Fully agree. He can be a bit of a passenger at times but he's still probably the best crosser of the ball at the club.

It is time for Miggy to move oh to Al-Shabab. I wonder if we could get £15m for him.  ASM was £30m wasn't he? Buy a RW and keep big Joe in the middle. LW: Gordon, Barnes,  Big Joe, CF Isak, Wilson RW new guy, Murphy Minteh, Gordon.

The club always bangs on about needing to be creative with FFP and as unpalatable as it may be selling Minteh now for a decent sum and including a buy back clause would be an example of that. Selling to another PL club would be very short sighted though unless it was a side like Palace.

We absolutely should be trying to shift the likes of Longstaff and Almiron first, but I doubt there will  be clubs banging down the door for them.

If we need to shift someone before June 30, demand might dictate we need make a tough decision.

10 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Exciting out of the blue like Isak/Sandro. 

Probably, like Isak, someone who is out of favour this season because of injuries or just a loss of form. Ferran Torres and Raphinha have been linked, and Torres just came off a two-month hamstring injury earlier this year...:shifty: Barca would do well gving up some of that forward line of theirs.