Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It is very strange it's broke at our end and verified by Sky, who only usually do so with club confirmation. We're either supremely confident or it's a decoy.

Applying pressure to Leicester I reckon. 

Just now, Andy said:

Applying pressure to Leicester I reckon. 

That would only make sense if we briefed Edwards that Barella was an alternative to Maddison. He says we want both. 

I honestly don't believe Leicester give two fucks who they sell Maddison to. Getting good money for Maddison isn't going to be difficult.

Also this is a Dan Ashworth, not Del Boy, I doubt he'd seriously get in contact with Inter just to annoy Leicester FFS. [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I honestly don't believe Leicester give two fucks who they sell Maddison to. Getting good money for Maddison isn't going to be difficult.

Also this is a Dan Ashworth, not Del Boy, I doubt he'd seriously get in contact with Inter just to annoy Leicester FFS. [emoji38]

They definitely don’t, and yeah it doesn’t work like that. We aren’t gonna blah Inter just to get Leicester to sell, just no way. 

Edited by Sempiternal

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why would us bidding for Barella be to pressure Leicester regarding Maddison ? They are completely different players who play in different positions 

Have we had the 'it'll be the agent smoking out other bids?' one yet?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why would us bidding for Barella be to pressure Leicester regarding Maddison ? They are completely different players who play in different positions 

Because we've already briefed journalists that the budget is limited this summer. 

The pressure is then applied to Leicester on both sides if we are Maddison's preferred destination.

1 hour ago, Novocastrian said:

Would be totally underwhelmed by this. Plus I don’t rate Italians in the PL, they don’t seem to take to it.

:kurt:

This would be a huge signing. Can't see it happening though.

Think about it: What would be the motivation for this information to come out?

WHY WOULD WE LEAK THIS INFORMATION?

a. In a throwback to the Ashley years, to make it appear that we're working on something big without intention to actually do it.

b. We're confident in the deal being done.

c. We didn't.

WHY WOULD INTER LEAK THE INFORMATION?

a. They want to pressure other teams into bidding more for Barella by making it clear he's for sale.

b. They want to let their fans know that they're going to have to sell a lot this summer due to their financial peril.

c. They didn't.

WHY WOULD BARELLA'S REPRESENTATIVES LEAK THE INFORMATION?

a. They want to force a sale, but perhaps not to Newcastle.

b. They want an improved contract. 

c. They didn't.

Hard for me to see any other motivations at play here. Someone's been talking, though. And rumours earlier this season were that Barella was going to be available for 50m, so make of that what you will, I'm guessing Inter's financial problems are the big motivator here.