Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

You know the thread's gone downhill when people start bringing up random players from 25 years ago

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:lol: :thup:

Right you are, that time of day where my brain is totally fried. 

Stressful job or are you imbibing a certain plant?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

So it looks like this loan has been issued by Oaktree and an interest payment of £250 million is due as of now. It's secured against the clubs, so if they default the current ownership would lose the club to Oaktree. Their sponsor also recently failed to make its scheduled payment, so they need to start selling players. 

It sounds pretty opportunistic if we are indeed in for him.

Sounds pretty groovy

City offered De Rossi a king's ransom to move to City under Mancini and he contemplated it but ultimately didn't. That's the closest I can really remember. 

They all appreciate the lifestyle and the weather too much, and are basically mostly little nonna's boys. 

I can see Inter as sellers (but not at £50 million - too cheap) but convincing the Sardinian Inter fan to commit to NUFC is fanciful IMO. He's already on money that would be the top end of our pay bracket too.

Just now, Mountain said:

You know the thread's gone downhill when people start bringing up random players from 25 years ago

Stressful job or are you imbibing a certain plant?

The latter, how I long for the former though. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So it looks like this loan has been issued by Oaktree and an interest payment of £250 million is due as of now. It's secured against the clubs, so if they default the current ownership would lose the club to Oaktree. Their sponsor also recently failed to make its scheduled payment, so they need to start selling players. 

It sounds pretty opportunistic if we are indeed in for him.

He’s pretty much untouchable at Inter; he’s their best player and a fan favourite. They’d just sell someone else. The only way they’re selling imo is if it’s for silly money and that’s with the big assumption that he’d want to leave as well.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

City offered De Rossi a king's ransom to move to City under Mancini and he contemplated it but ultimately didn't. That's the closest I can really remember. 

They all appreciate the lifestyle and the weather too much, and are basically mostly little nonna's boys. 

I can see Inter as sellers (but not at £50 million - too cheap) but convincing the Sardinian Inter fan to commit to NUFC is fanciful IMO. He's already on money that would be the top end of our pay bracket too.

The more I read about this I agree. I think Inter's finances make a deal with them possible, but it seems really unlikely he'd agree to come to the north of England for what would ultimately be a modest raise (if his wages are accurate on various sites).

Hope’s version 

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1669082559345557506?s=20

Newcastle are in “early talks” over move for Inter midfielder Nicolo Barella. Sources say it would be a “difficult” deal to do but confirm he's a target they are pursuing. Other moving parts (Maddison, for example) but Barella is admired & club exploring deal in region of £50m.