Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

Andy Brassell on TalkSPORT saying that Inter are skint and the team was always likely to go different ways like the Mourinho UCL winning team of 2010. Need to sell to buy, hence the sale as they have a €270m loan to pay back next year. Onana also likely to go.

His stumbling block will be convincing Barella to sign. Inter fan since a kid, little interest previously in leaving Italy.

Andy Brassell just on Talksport. He said that Inter need to raise circa £250 million to pay off an outstanding loan, so they'll be selling key players this summer. He thinks the hardest part will be convincing the player, who is a boyhood Inter fan.

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

People forgetting Jorginho has had a fucking brilliant career in England? 

Is the not a bit OTT? 🙂 He’s been canny but wouldn’t say anymore. Probably bit better in European competitions.

Which leads me to the question I wanted to ask. How many Italian midfielders have been a success in the EPL?

I’m sure there must be some but can’t name any at the moment.

If we find out where the leak came from we’d know a bit more about our chances. Really can’t see it happening and if it does it needs to happen quickly. 

Much bigger clubs will be all over this now.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Is the not a bit OTT? 🙂 He’s been canny but wouldn’t say anymore. Probably bit better in European competitions.

Which leads me to the question I wanted to ask. How many Italian midfielders have been a success in the EPL?

Jorginho, Di Matteo for sure. Eranio was near the end of his career but was good for Derby. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Cudicini, Vialli, Di Canio and Zola were all decent. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Jorginho, Di Matteo for sure. 

Brazilian and Swiss tbf.

There has definitely been few. But very few top class Italian midfielders have ever moved to England. I can't think of any.

It's why I can't see this transfer happening at all personally.

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

If we find out where the leak came from we’d know a bit more about our chances. Really can’t see it happening and if it does it needs to happen quickly. 

Much bigger clubs will be all over this now.

I’m pretty sure clubs would already be well aware of his valuation already tbh. 

Guest dazzanufc1892

Zola, ravanelli, Vialli, Casiraghi, Jorginho, di Matteo, Balotelli all did alright. I will trust quality will prove itself if it happens

So it looks like this loan has been issued by Oaktree and an interest payment of £250 million is due as of now. It's secured against the clubs, so if they default the current ownership would lose the club to Oaktree. Their sponsor also recently failed to make its scheduled payment, so they need to start selling players. 

It sounds pretty opportunistic if we are indeed in for him.