Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

If there isn't one already, can we have a thread for coming up with chants? I find 99% of them fucking cringe, so would be nice to have them contained in a thread I can choose to never visit. Thanks.

Just now, hakka said:

If there isn't one already, can we have a thread for coming up with chants? I find 99% of them fucking cringe, so would be nice to have them contained in a thread I can choose to never visit. Thanks.

We can see you, we can see you, we can see you sneaking out! 

4 hours ago, Caleb70 said:

Some crazy suggestions for songs on here like. Probably just keep it simple, i.e. “Tonali, Tonali” to our Toon Army chant (anar boring but effective).

That's actually the worst option because no one, including Tonali will know for sure whether we are singing Ton-ali! or Toon army! Guaranteed half the crowd will end up singing the latter.

29 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's actually the worst option because no one, including Tonali will know for sure whether we are singing Ton-ali! or Toon army! Guaranteed half the crowd will end up singing the latter.

The "Toon Army" chant hasn't been sung in years. Tbf it's simple and effective, easy to sing at the same time, which is what geneates the noise, and something that everyone will join in with, instead of just the SE Corner. Sometimes less is more when it comes to football chants. People expecting all 4 sides of SJP to serenade him with a Whitney Houston song are living in Cloud cuckoo land!

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We can see you, we can see you, we can see you sneaking out! 

Would have welcomed "you're not singing anymore" :lol:

Edited by hakka

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Got a feeling his song with just be the simple "Tonali, Tonali, Tonali" as a throwback to the 1990s "Toon Army, Toon Army, Toon Army" chant.

It would probably be a welcomed chant given by the third Toon Army is usually just Tooamy.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

The "Toon Army" chant hasn't been sung in years. Tbf it's simple and effective, easy to sing at the same time, which is what geneates the noise, and something that everyone will join in with, instead of just the SE Corner. Sometimes less is more when it comes to football chants. People expecting all 4 sides of SJP to serenade him with a Whitney Houston song are living in Cloud cuckoo land!

Still doesn't solve the conflict though. Neither the crowd or the player would be 100% sure what's actually being sung so it would probably end up being a mish-mash of both. Even if it hasn't been sung in years, pretty sure most in the ground would recognise it.

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

I wanna feel the heat with Tonali,

Yeah I wanna dance with Tonali,

with somebody who loves me.

Nope, shite.

Ohhhh I wanna dance with Tonali,

I wanna see some feeeet pics Tonali

No? Well okay, someone else think of something.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Still doesn't solve the conflict though. Neither the crowd or the player would be 100% sure what's actually being sung so it would probably end up being a mish-mash of both. Even if it hasn't been sung in years, pretty sure most in the ground would recognise it.

Think it would though. If he goes in for a crunching tackle or scores a goal and the crowd are up shouting "Tonali, Tonali, Tonali!" he'll know it's for him. Like I say I can't remember the last time I heard our fans sing "Toon Army".

The Bruno and Joelinton songs, as good as they are, are just copied from other clubs. The Bruno one was being sung by Chelsea about Thomas Tuchel years ago and the Joelinton one was first crowned by Everton for Richarlison I believe.

We have lost our originality somewhat which is a shame.

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

A bit exhausting to scroll past 75 pages to find it, but please let this catch on.

In a fiat with big Dan! Fixes that slight gap, flows now [emoji38]

image.thumb.jpeg.5f78b7bbf42da416a2f300696e231c76.jpeg

Edited by PauloGeordio