Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Whose the absolute donut of a journalist who asked Howe "does Tonali love the game?".

How does that guy have a job. I'm not sure being a reporter should even be a paid profession if that's the type of bollocks they ask.

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

In the annals of football history, few names shine as brightly as Steve Bruce. My unmatched brilliance as a player and coach, unwavering commitment to success, and inspiring leadership have elevated clubs to unprecedented heights.

My strategic genius and dedication have rewritten the game's narrative, making me a beacon of excellence. My impact reaches far beyond the pitch, as I generously support communities and nurture future football talents.

I'm acknowledged as a living legend whose legacy inspires all. Join me in celebrating my greatness and the boundless possibilities I continue to unlock in the world of football.

Sandro has a gambling addiction, when we get relegated after losing every game this season, it's Sandro's fault. 

Thanks everyone, that's the press conference over. I'm off for my elevenses.

*bacon of elegance 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Writing Challenge:

Steve Bruce faces the media in the midst of the Tonali controversy.

"He's having a tough time, that's for sure. But it's nothing compared to how I was treated at <insert ex-Bruce managed club here>."

Bruce: “Listen, we all make mistakes, the lad’s made a big one and the fans will want to see him fighting for the club. That’s what mattered to me when I was lucky enough to manage there, you have to prove yourself everyday. He needs to be given time, but it’s not easy, I think if I’d had that extra time things would have gone differently and I just wanted a fair crack at the whip.”

8 hours ago, 80 said:

Judging by the snippets we're hearing, how long would it have been before this Fagioli kid started throwing matches to cover his debts, taking Italian football down the toilet?

Italian football has survived far greater corruption than cases of one player on the take.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Writing Challenge:

Steve Bruce faces the media in the midst of the Tonali controversy.

"It's not ideal, for sure. Is he prepared for Saturday? I guess we'll find out, you know. We have Longstaff, Bruno, Joelinton, Miley, Anderson and Willock all out with knocks and suspensions, and I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but we've got no choice to throw Sandro in alongside Fabian in midfield. It's not ideal, I understand that. So we'll see how it goes and if he plays well then great. And if he doesn't then we'll roll our sleeves up and move on."

image.thumb.png.09fd17f1bc9589c80cd21c51f4999013.png

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

"It's not ideal, for sure. Is he prepared for Saturday? I guess we'll find out, you know. We have Longstaff, Bruno, Joelinton, Miley, Anderson and Willock all out with knocks and suspensions, and I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but we've got no choice to throw Sandro in alongside Fabian in midfield. It's not ideal, I understand that. So we'll see how it goes and if he plays well then great. And if he doesn't then we'll roll our sleeves up and move on."

Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

14 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Just missing 

"How's the betting, you say?" 

To start it off. 

On 19/10/2023 at 12:40, GEFAFWISP said:

As we all know people with addictions always make sensible decisions. Top post.

so somebody who is an addict should be exonerated from a crime? Like a fella mugging someone to feed a habit isn’t responsible for their actions? 
giveowwa 

addict or not, betting on your own team is not exactly under the radar as far as the rules are concerned. He made a dumb decision and got caught. He’s a plank. Even Gillespie who is as dumb as a fence post managed to swerve that little infraction. 

"Listen, I understand just as much as you do. We're all in the dark. I spoke to Lee last night and he said he and Mike aren't aware of any gambling allegations. I've not personally spoken to Sandro about it, I spoke to Steve [Agnew] and he said the boy appears to be his usual self when he has been in training. It's been difficult for Sandro leaving his boyhood club to come here and this obviously doesn't help, but I'm sure he'll be okay. If he does get the book thrown at him I'm positive he'll learn from it and come back stronger. Will this mean we will make a move in January? We'll see, we may have to get creative and explore the loan market, that's not for me to say. But everyone at the club certainly wishes Sandro all the best."

image.thumb.png.bcb7eb98fcc7c385bab59218bd8d8455.png

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Italian football has survived far greater corruption than cases of one player on the take.

All the more reason not to let it descend into an internationally broadcast clown show, right?

"At the end of the day, is Sandro injured? No. Is he suspended? No. So is he available? In my opinion, yes. Since I came in we've been trying to change the way we play and we need our best players available for that. So Sandro will play unless something happens in the next 24hrs. We were hoping to have Matty [Longstaff] available this weekend but he's taken a setback in training this week. Roy [Hodgson] has them well organised so it will be a difficult game. I think our first win is just around the corner, our performances have been a lot better than the results so far this season have suggested. Callum [Wilson] will have a late fitness test."

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

"At the end of the day, is Sandro injured? No. Is he suspended? No. So is he available? In my opinion, yes. Since I came in we've been trying to change the way we play and we need our best players available for that. So Sandro will play unless something happens in the next 24hrs. We were hoping to have Matty [Longstaff] available this weekend but he's taken a setback in training this week. Roy [Hodgson] has them well organised so it will be a difficult game. I think our first win is just around the corner, our performances have been a lot better than the results so far this season have suggested. Callum [Wilson] will have a late fitness test."

Almost perfect.  Just need to work in "to be brutally honest,"  "since I walked in the door" and a few "well, y'know"s.

28 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

"Listen, I understand just as much as you do. We're all in the dark. I spoke to Lee last night and he said he and Mike aren't aware of any gambling allegations. I've not personally spoken to Sandro about it, I spoke to Steve [Agnew] and he said the boy appears to be his usual self when he has been in training. It's been difficult for Sandro leaving his boyhood club to come here and this obviously doesn't help, but I'm sure he'll be okay. If he does get the book thrown at him I'm positive he'll learn from it and come back stronger. Will this mean we will make a move in January? We'll see, we may have to get creative and explore the loan market, that's not for me to say. But everyone at the club certainly wishes Sandro all the best."

Fucking hell, I can hear this shit so clearly

38 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Haha FO man