Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

10 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Tonali's lass on IG saying she doesn't mind the cooler weather and is enjoying Newcastle.

Also called Newcastle a small town.

Get rid.

Edited by Sima

Wow, if that’s how she genuinely feels she’s a star. I’d sign Tonali just for her outlook on life. Go 20 minutes north of Newcastle and if you love the outdoors you’re in heaven, more so if you don’t mind the weather.

I reckon they'd go wild for Barter Books. The café is great in there too, all of the rooms along the side are a cosy place for a coffee and a bacon sandwich. The drive up there is fun too as you're going through Amble and Warkworth and the coast just opens up to reveal Alnmouth. 

It's so good to hear her genuinely positive thoughts about the region and I think they're the perfect representation of the type of character and person the club are keen to recruit. 

We're not London but that's a good thing. 

I've actually met several people from warmer countries who says that they enjoy colder weather, some of them don't like the sun, and some even loves the rain.:lol: I guess you can get tired of the warm and sunny weather.

Edited by Erikse

20 minutes ago, number37 said:

I reckon they'd go wild for Barter Books. The café is great in there too, all of the rooms along the side are a cosy place for a coffee and a bacon sandwich. The drive up there is fun too as you're going through Amble and Warkworth and the coast just opens up to reveal Alnmouth. 

It's so good to hear her genuinely positive thoughts about the region and I think they're the perfect representation of the type of character and person the club are keen to recruit. 

We're not London but that's a good thing. 

Coming back for a visit in October, never heard of that place, sounds class and will definitely visit for a coffee and a sandwich

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Coming back for a visit in October, never heard of that place, sounds class and will definitely visit for a coffee and a sandwich

It’s amazing. Def worth a visit.

Didn’t one of the Donalds who created Viz used to work there too?

Was at my 5 a side football tonight and was fun overhearing lots of players gushing about Tonali's performance for us. None of them Newcastle fans either. 

However what was infuriating was hearing how fans of other clubs just hear shit and make it fact. Over heard loads of them saying "....and he didn't even want to be there in preseason, apparently was asking to go home" etc 🙄

10 minutes ago, alexf said:

However what was infuriating was hearing how fans of other clubs just hear shit and make it fact. Over heard loads of them saying "....and he didn't even want to be there in preseason, apparently was asking to go home" etc 🙄

Just wishful thinking on their part.

• “Tonali doesn’t really want to be there”
  • “Their league form will drop because they’re in Europe”
  • “As soon as they have a drop in form, PIF is going to fire Howe”
  • “The fans will turn if they don’t finish top 4”

Could make YouTube pundit bingo cards.

To make them both feel really welcome in Newcastle perhaps we could sing the song that the AC Milan fans sing before the match. It shouldn’t be difficult - the video shows the Milan fans then the original. I’m already out of here @MrRaspberryJam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcxwg6flnxw

https://youtu.be/mcxwg6flnxw

YouTube not allowing embed.

Edited by Toontimes

9 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Just wishful thinking on their part.

• “Tonali doesn’t really want to be there”
  • “Their league form will drop because they’re in Europe”
  • “As soon as they have a drop in form, PIF is going to fire Howe”
  • “The fans will turn if they don’t finish top 4”

Could make YouTube pundit bingo cards.

I still hear that third bullet point all the time, they rarely have a convincing answer to who they mean by ‘getting and elite manager in’. It’s usually Mourinho. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

When I played football in London quite a few friends I talked to didn't know who Mike Ashley was and why we didn't like him. I stopped expecting them to know anything about NUFC after that. 

Yeah I got accused of being a "glory fan" last night 🤣. I was like, I'm 34 and I've been though many bleak years.

Another one I’m hearing a lot is ‘oil money’, now this doesn’t appear to be an issue if its Texas oil money, but if it’s from the Middle East then its a different ball game.

Edited by Ronson333

27 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Without downplaying sportswashing too much it's also a buzzword some people who are a bit hard of thinking just hoy about.

Whilst I think there is obvious soft power elements to the takeover, I’ve always found the idea that reputation laundering being the primary motivation a bit naive. 

More people in Newcastle and nationally are probably way more aware of the issues with the Kingdom in Saudi Arabia than they were two years ago. The idea that they are just trying to get Westerners to like them just feels a bit arrogant. 

We’re really a combination of many things. An investment, a prestige asset, a giant billboard for Saudi brands and a soft power tool. There’s also a element of Middle East proxy competition with City, PSG etc. 

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Whilst I think there is obvious soft power elements to the takeover, I’ve always found the idea that reputation laundering being the primary motivation a bit naive. 

More people in Newcastle and nationally are probably way more aware of the issues with the Kingdom in Saudi Arabia than they were two years ago. The idea that they are just trying to get Westerners to like them just feels a bit arrogant. 

We’re really a combination of many things. An investment, a prestige asset, a giant billboard for Saudi brands and a soft power tool. There’s also an element of Middle East proxy competition with City, PSG etc. 

think it’s an investment personally. A pointless club like Chelsea went for 3b. Easy money. 

It's definitely reputation laundering tbh, and also an investment. I don't think they give a shit what a lot of people on the internet think, it's more just moving the dial on what is 'normal', so now they have us, it doesn't seem so strange them buying loads of golf stuff, and then when they buy lots of golf stuff "well we can't object to that since it's already happened to Newcastle" etc and is just a lever into further investment, so it works in terms of financial investment and also to help their reputation in terms of gaining more influence over UK and beyond. If some fanboys decide to start loving all things Saudi Arabia no harm there, and the flack they receive doesn't really affect them much. 

My feelings on the takeover have been posted endlessly before, I don't really understand why fans feel the need to go to bat for our owners online and the like, a lot of the criticisms are completely valid, and I would be critical if another club had been bought by them. I look forward to the day that sport as a whole is owned by and run for fans, but that day is a long long long way off if it ever happens, (it won't).