Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Saw the briefest glimpse of Sandro laughing with a massive grin on his face in that training video on the club's YT channel. 

So two things - a) he can smile, b) nice to see he's not completely miserable over this whole thing :lol:

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Saw the briefest glimpse of Sandro laughing with a massive grin on his face in that training video on the club's YT channel. 

So two things - a) he can smile, b) nice to see he's not completely miserable over this whole thing :lol:

10 month paid leave, I’d be laughing too :lol:

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

10 month paid leave, I’d be laughing too :lol:

Nor sure if you're being serious or not. But that's certainly an "interesting" way to look at it, not one I can agree with though.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Nor sure if you're being serious or not. But that's certainly an "interesting" way to look at it, not one I can agree with though.

It was tongue in cheek, that being said he will be getting however long he’s banned for receiving his salary :lol:

Yeah tbf being a footballer looks fun as fuck, imagine it'd be a nightmare being cut out of that for an extended period of time, paid or not. Not like he's having to schlup into the office and dick around with spreadsheets for 8 hours a day like I do :lol:

This is sort of an aside from the main subject here, but I’ve just been watching a video about why Italy has no good strikers and they mentioned a law in Italy called “the growth decree” trying to jumpstart economic growth via immigration. Basically giving tax incentives to employers to bring in eligible workers. 

Unintended consequence is that Italian clubs are now incentivised to buy non Italian players. Just look at how the Tonali money was spent - RCL, Pulisic, Chuckwueze, Okahfor, Munsah, Reinjders and Pelligrino. Not a single Italian. 

I thought when we played them they didn’t really feel like an Italian side - only Calabria and Pogbea in that starting line up. 

Sort of explains other motivations about why they might have sold him. I wonder if we’ll see more Italians coming to the Prem as a result. 

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The latest rumour is a ten month ban with a further eight months of "social sanctions".

"Social Sanctions" is quite a vague term. Could be anything from banning him from gambling/gaming establishments to having him attend weekly meetings or sessions. Makes sense though, and obviously much better than being actually banned from playing for a full 18 months.

Reports in Italy that we're threatening legal action over Milan.

They could end up having to pay us millions. This will complicate whatever decision is going to be made, the Italian FA have to look strong but they also have to protect their institutions as well which Milan certainly is one of.

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The midfielder’s salary – around €8m net per season – will be suspended. This comes in stark contrast to Juventus’ handling of Nicolo Fagioli’s ban, who have decided to pay his full salary and allow him to train with the first team.

Interesting claim. 

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

According to that Fagioli is allowed to train with Juve's first team. If it is to be a 10month ban that should see him (Tonali) fully integrated for the start of next season. Main worry is anything happening to Bruno especially before January when I'd expect us to get someone in even on loan.

Edited by madras

Yeah, no way he won’t get any money at all. I always thought these stories about players earning X amount per week. Were usually the higher end or their possible earnings. Like there are bonuses to go on top, appearance fees, goal bonuses etc. 

Also, I’m sure if the English FA allowed it. He would be able to train with us. But because of precedent set with Toney. I’m guessing that isn’t an option.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah, no way he won’t get any money at all. I always thought these stories about players earning X amount per week. Were usually the higher end or their possible earnings. Like there are bonuses to go on top, appearance fees, goal bonuses etc. 

Also, I’m sure if the English FA allowed it. He would be able to train with us. But because of precedent set with Toney. I’m guessing that isn’t an option.

Toney's was a sanction set by the English authorities. Tonalis will be set by Italians.

Guest reefatoon
15 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yeah the ability to train is a call by the FIGC not Juventus, maybe just lost in translation? 

More like made up nonsense. The whole article is a load of bluster