Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

37 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Btw personally won’t be gloating if we do get him, it’s absolutely gutting to lose your favourite players, I’m still angry the about how we sold Carroll to Liverpool :lol:

Absolutely agree.

Would still be floating like fuck though.

Edited by SteV

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He’s a Bruno alikee, would give us two fluid hard working, great footballers, who can tackle. Stick a third (more forward focussed) player in there, like Maddison for instance and we’d be a real force in all comps. 

Does he have the pace and energy we would need in that role?

2 hours ago, Milanista said:

Haaland did nothing in that game. Against a very average Inter team. If Lukaku wasn't so clumsy, Inter wins that game.

Pep has a long history of being terrible in the CL. We were missing our best players in the semis. Before watching the final, I would have been convinced we would be too young and inexperienced to play City.

But after watching Pep and City get outplayed by such a poor Inter team... I think we'd have a good shot at winning.

Mental to think against completely different opposition that city would played the same why equalling Milan would have won. Football doesn’t work like that. If it was AC Milan in the final instead of Inter it would have been a completely different game with city the likely winners because they are just far superior 

10 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

First bid not accepted.

https://m.calciomercato.com/news/newcastle-su-tonali-il-milan-rifiuta-la-prima-offerta-i-dettagli-88023

Newcastle on Tonali, Milan refuses the first offer: the details

by Federico Albrizio and Daniele Longo

June 21, 2023 at 10:36 am

Newcastle are serious about Sandro Tonali. The Magpies' interest in the Milan midfielder is concrete and the rumors circulated in the last few hours have been confirmed. Not only that, according to what Calciomercato.com has learned, the English club has already presented an offer to the Rossoneri last week: between 55 and 60 million euros on the table, including bonuses for the 2000 class.

THE SITUATION

An important proposal which at the moment is not making the Devil waver: Moncada and Furlani have in fact rejected Newcastle's first offensive, but raises by the English are not excluded.

And Tonali? The player is currently not open to the idea of a transfer to the Premier League, but a lot will depend on how much the Magpies offer contractually, with the possibility of doubling the current salary from 3-3.5 million euros per season .

I think, like Milanista intimated, this is likely a demonstrative exercise on the part of Milan, making a big deal of not selling their family silver post-Maldini. This doesn't feel like how we do business these days eh.

If he's currently on €3-3.5m per year, doubling it is well within our budget (between £95k and £115k per week)

I wonder if it's a deal we've pursued because we knew (or found out) that he's only on about £45-50k/week? Will be interesting to see if we are willing to go above £50m, and if so how much.