Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 minute ago, SteV said:

With Hutchinson I’m always torn between my instinctive reaction of him being a know-nothing prick, and my considered reaction of him being someone that knows what he’s talking about and actually sees a fairly reasonable amount of European football.

I like him but he's definitely a know nothing.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Fab is saying those figures are net, so after tax.

Are taxes so simple in the UK / Europe that that's easy to figure? 

Or is that just some crude math on the top tax rate? If so, isn't that 45% in the UK? There's no way we are paying him over £250k/wk. Refuse to believe it.

Milanista in here today was like me when we sold Andy Carroll, my mind wouldn't allow me to comprehend him leaving because why the fuck would he?[emoji38]

Still can't quite believe the state of that affair, even if Carroll done next to fuck all after that move.

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Hutchison commentates on Serie A all the time and is genuinely reasonably knowledgeable about the league tbf.

Danny Murphy commentates plenty of prem games to be fair.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fab has been having a bit of a meltdown this week after that Brentford fan called him out on the Raya transfer.

Comedy gold lol and the fact he bites makes it 10x better! 

10 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Milanista in here today was like me when we sold Andy Carroll, my mind wouldn't allow me to comprehend him leaving because why the fuck would he?[emoji38]

Still can't quite believe the state of that affair, even if Carroll done next to fuck all after that move.

I remember there was more than one Liverpool fan on the WSC forum who was talking about giving up on Liverpool because they had signed him. The absolute pomposity, man. Cunts. But I’m assured their support would do the right thing morally at each stage that our own failed at. 

Screenshot_20230621_231135_Reddit.thumb.jpg.bc1b934b43065c41806b1549090dfab5.jpg

Um Well, there’s good news and bad news. The bad news is Tonali will be leaving and joining Newcastle. On a more positive note, the good news is we are going for Christian Pulisic. So every cloud. You’re still thinking about the bad news aren't you? 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Wondering if 42 is too old to join an academy.

I played my first serious game of 5 a side in goal for nigh on 10 years the other week at the age of 42.

my admiration for the likes of Ben Foster went through the roof.

reckon it’s a life of perving for me from now on

(n reality my career hopes ended at 9 years old when I broke my wrist and missed a NUFC talent session. That and not being very good obviously

56 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Think this gives a decent reflection of what he's about rather than a highlights package made over a season. 

Nice video that, cheers.

As the season went on last year I became more and more against the idea of moving Bruno from the #6 role. It's just so important to how we play having him as the base, dictating our passing. Thought adding a more traditional DM to push Bruno up would be a mistake given what we'd likely lose from that position.

Watching Tonali though, if this guy is the new #6 I no longer have those concerns. Looks very smooth on the ball.

Honestly, he looks like he'd be dynamite as a #8 too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Bruno swapping positions at times to keep opponents guessing. I'd guess this ultimately knocks Longstaff out of our strongest eleven but he'll still play an awful lot in the spot he was last year with either Bruno or Tonali as the #6.