Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 hour ago, 54 said:

So transparent :lol:

He was on that James Lawrence Alcott podcast recently - the Ripple Effect. Spouted off about us only being able to sign 2 players like it was concrete fact. Bellend.

How do you define overpay? What's the appropriate price for such players? The market sets the price.. You could argue that no player is worth that price, nomatter what. Yet all the big clubs keep paying that and even more. That's just how you become a top team these days.. By overpaying for that little extra.

Edited by Erikse

They say this about every player, it's an easy thing to say. As long as it's not that there's a obvious gap between the fee and the quality from the outset (Maguire for example) I would pay it no mind. The same was said about Walker, KDB and plenty of others when they were bought.

24 minutes ago, STM said:

It's the "leadership, warrior" comments that excite me (provided he can play a bit also, of course). 

It's high time we had an absolute Roy Keane type dominating the middle of the park. Another potential captain also.

I'm going to be so intrigued to hear how we convinced him, what we have said to him and who he has asked about us. 

image.thumb.png.b7e560945779110440a5e9bb6c4192eb.png

Lock this up and then sign Szoboszlai (22)/Maddison(26), which is very realistic, or an alternative on that level to those two:

Gordon - 22
Botman - 23
Isak - 23
Tonali - 23
Willock - 23 
Bruno - 25
Longstaff - 25
Big Joe - 26
Maxi - 26

FUCKING EXCITING team we're building for the years ahead, and will highly likely be more additions this Summer. Great if we get our big signings done early as well which is looking likely. LFG! 

Edited by mondonewc

Just watched a highlights vid of him, what stands out most is how he outmuscles/outthinks/shoulder barges players iff the ball and then works himself into space.

proper pivot for us this season, bruno further up field….

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

What is a pivot?!!?!?!? Is it a new term for a defensive midfielder? 

Bruno was a pivot last seasonbut I wouldn't have said he was a defensive midfielder.

38 minutes ago, STM said:

It's the "leadership, warrior" comments that excite me (provided he can play a bit also, of course). 

It's high time we had an absolute Roy Keane type dominating the middle of the park. Another potential captain also.

I'm going to be so intrigued to hear how we convinced him, what we have said to him and who he has asked about us. 

Hopefully he is disciplined and not wreckless. Not looked his card stats. I agree though, great to have player that will battle with a big heart and with talent. Think he suits us and our style perfectly. Very exciting signing.

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What is a pivot?!!?!?!? Is it a new term for a defensive midfielder? 

Yes.  It’s cuntese for ‘defensive midfielder’.  Double-pivot is twatlish for ‘a pair of defensive or deep lying central midfielders’

I read some folks in social media say we are overpaying for him. I went back to Milan fans comments at the early stages when it was just a rumor and for 50m, they all said this bid is too pathetic and too low for one of the best midfielders in Seria A, and they would reply with a pic of their left nut, now we increase it by 20m and we see others say we are overpaying? He just turned 23 last month, and Eddie will make him a world class midfielder. 

This reminds me of 2012 when Verratti chose the PSG project over staying at Seria A, and he ended up as one of their legends. 

7 minutes ago, hakka said:

Hopefully he is disciplined and not wreckless. Not looked his card stats. I agree though, great to have player that will battle with a big heart and with talent. Think he suits us and our style perfectly. Very exciting signing.

17 Yellow cards in 3 full seasons for Milan and just the single Red.

Declan Rice has 15, Rodri has 16 and Fabhino has 24 in their last 3 seasons respectively .

In comparison Bruno has 11 in 1½ seasons for us. Joelinton has 30 4 full season. :cheesy:

These are just league stats obviously. 

10 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

I read some folks in social media say we are overpaying for him. I went back to Milan fans comments at the early stages when it was just a rumor and for 50m, they all said this bid is too pathetic and too low for one of the best midfielders in Seria A, and they would reply with a pic of their left nut, now we increase it by 20m and we see others say we are overpaying? He just turned 23 last month, and Eddie will make him a world class midfielder. 

This reminds me of 2012 when Verratti chose the PSG project over staying at Seria A, and he ended up as one of their legends. 

Folks don’t know shit.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

17 Yellow cards in 3 full seasons for Milan and just the single Red.

Declan Rice has 15, Rodri has 16 and Fabhino has 24 in their last 3 seasons respectively .

In comparison Bruno has 11 in 1½ seasons for us. Joelinton has 30 4 full season. :cheesy:

These are just league stats obviously. 

Big Joe got 20 of those 30 post Christmas this season

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes.  It’s cuntese for ‘defensive midfielder’.  Double-pivot is twatlish for ‘a pair of defensive or deep lying central midfielders’

I'm not sure why people get so precious about new football terminology.

Double pivot is just a more precise way of what you've described in three lines.