Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

On 13/10/2023 at 01:38, Disco said:

Can’t really participate in other vices apart from being a top shagger either. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Can always be a top shagger. Just make sure it's fully legal and not involving wives of family/team mates.

Unsanctioned patter theft? Pathetic.

If it's a ban for a year because he's betting on football then it's fair enough and you just have to accept it like a big injury. Shit but it is what it is - deserves punishment. He however needs supporting and given the help required if it's an addiction. The thing that worries me about it is if he's also banned from the training ground and being around the club completely. I don't think that will be helpful at all for the player. He needs support networks and to continue to be integrated into his new country. It's only likely to exacerbate the problem if you take away his day-to-day routine and job. The authorities need to see that when dishing out these punishments.

We also need to pursue compensation under the presumption Milan knew something about it. Milan already had Bennacer out for a while and were obviously staring at his midfield partner being out long term too. They cashed in and used it to fund a rebuild. Dirty trick but I think it's absolutely clear they knew about it. It was a weird transfer from day 1.

Hopefully we don’t pay his wages whilst he’s banned for a year, certainly couldn’t see him spending a year in the North East with no football to keep him occupied.

No sympathy from me, get fucking shot and try and claim on insurance.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Hopefully we don’t pay his wages whilst he’s banned for a year, certainly couldn’t see him spending a year in the North East with no football to keep him occupied.

Would imagine he’s allowed to train with us as normal just not play in matches.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

We don't have to, it's not like an injury, but could see the club still paying or part paying.

I'd be asking for a an optional year ext to his contract as well.

As for Milan...I can see a lengthy courtcase heading their way over this. This knew like, and why he was sold.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Hopefully we don’t pay his wages whilst he’s banned

for a year, certainly couldn’t see him spending a year in the North East with no football to keep him occupied.

He's a £55 million investment on a 5 year contract though. You have to be tactful here. Even if it costs us in the short term.

Not paying his wages and just allowing him to go back to Italy for a year. Imo that is tantamount to writing off the player. You're basically giving up and we'll be loaning him out on the cheap.

We need to bite the bullet to stick by him and try to keep him integrated fully - as difficult as that will be. We need to at very least contest his ability to train and be amongst the team on grounds of helping the player's wellbeing.

5 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Would imagine he’s allowed to train with us as normal just not play in matches.

That wasn't the case with Toney. I believe he's only just now been allowed back to train, roughly 3 months after he was found guilty.

Fagioli comes across as an absolute rat in all of this if those quotes are accurate.  Whatever happened to personal responsibility?!  

"Tonali made me do it.  Honest Guv'nor."

Edited by Lush Vlad

I think not allowing the players to train is ridiculous. I didn't realise they did that with Toney. Sure, ban them from playing, but isolating them completely is counterproductive if you're dealing with somebody who has an addiction and a vice they routinely fulfill during their time off.

I have 2 questions:
- do we have some kind of insurance to cover when these things happen? I know we do for injuries, but suspect this type of thing is not insurable
- If he is out for 1 year, think we have a contract stipulation, that he doesn't get paid? or at least, reduced wages?