Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Just now, STM said:

It's those tiny touches he takes under pressure which sets him apart.

This is just the beginning. Remember he's not Bruno, he doesn't have the natural swagger but as time goes on he will become more confident in his surroundings and in his role.

He was tactically superb. Never left the gaps that some of our others have done in recent times. His recovery pace is what we've been missing, he can press and drop into shape.

Subtle in what he does. Impressive. Glad to have him back with us.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

It's those tiny touches he takes under pressure which sets him apart.

This is just the beginning. Remember he's not Bruno, he doesn't have the natural swagger but as time goes on he will become more confident in his surroundings and in his role.

He was tactically superb. Never left the gaps that some of our others have done in recent times. His recovery pace is what we've been missing, he can press and drop into shape.

He's so intelligent with those first time passes as well, defenders hate that as it takes them out of the game.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s brilliant. Very aware of when and where he’s needed as well. 

Absolutely and his eye for a pass and quick ball is fantastic. Creates so much space with his simple intelligent play.

40 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think we need to play him more centrally to get the absolute best out of him

Played really well second half

I think as a RCM with a winger than cuts in will be amazing as Tonali has a good cross on him overlapping the winger.

He's class like.

Surprised by how much of a beast he is. Impressive mix of speed and power.

Feel like once it all clicks he's basically gonna offer us all the good stuff that Joelinton does while also being much better in possession and a threat to create in the final third.

36 minutes ago, 80 said:

Happy to have him on the pitch. But that reaction to Grealish's elbow :pilko:

Wasn't really the time to stay down...

Why did tonali get his yellow card? Couldn't quite see from where I was sitting.

Just now, pubteam said:

Why did tonali get his yellow card? Couldn't quite see from where I was sitting.

Clashed with the floppy haired tart. Both got booked for nothing handbags i think.