Sandro Tonali: charged by FA after alleged betting breaches / unlikely to serve additional ban (Hope)

The Prophet

Have France ever had a poor generation of players? Even the one's that hadn't achieved the heights, had some crazy talent, even our own super talented Ben Arfa was nothing but a fringe player. I remember they didn't qualify for USA 1994, but even then, they had Ginola, Cantona, etc

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

So if the contract length etc is correct (6 years) how is that feasible since uefa changed the limit to 5 years starting this summer so everyone doesn't do a Chelsea FFP maneuver 

Actual contracts can be as long as anyone wants. The 5 year limit is only for FFP calculations. You can't amortize the fee over 6, 7, 8 years.

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

So if the contract length etc is correct (6 years) how is that feasible since uefa changed the limit to 5 years starting this summer so everyone doesn't do a Chelsea FFP maneuver 

You can sign them on as long a contract as you like, the amortisation of the player is worked out on a maximum of 5 year contract length for FFP though

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Actual contracts can be as long as anyone wants. The 5 year limit is only for FFP calculations. You can't amortize the fee over 6, 7, 8 years.

I think the contract can be longer but the amortisation period can only be 5yr max.

27 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Speed of thought is definitely one that sticks out watching him. I get the point TCD is making about not having great passing ability in terms of distance, or accuracy over a distance of sliding players in etc, but what he does seemingly have is a really impressive short pass under pressure. Like Joe and Bruno tbf he looks like a high turnover player with the ability to put himself in trouble and play a quick, smart, simple pass out. Looks like he often looks to receive it after too and look forward. Im excited.

22 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Have France ever had a poor generation of players? Even the one's that hadn't achieved the heights, had some crazy talent, even our own super talented Ben Arfa was nothing but a fringe player. I remember they didn't qualify for USA 1994, but even then, they had Ginola, Cantona, etc

No not recently cause they probably have the biggest pool of players with their African/french WW2 history.

Edited by Gazzaschicken

13 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

C.82 was the first really good French side.  Prior to that they weren’t much cop.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Did Bruno not do his medical here? Genuinely can't remember

Nah it was a bit of a big story that we sent a medical team to Brazil to do it.

Edited by madras