Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 hour ago, Stal said:

Can we not just put a mask on him and call him "Mr Italy" or something? Pretty sure that's been done before somewhere.

Just do a Renford Rejects when Bruno De Gradi remembers he's Barry Grade.

Anyone kicks up a stink? Don't know what you're on about lads. This is Sam Anthony.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t really feel the need for him to publicly apologise.

Do the porridge, keep your head down and come back the best CM in Europe. That’s all I ask. 

He's properly fucked us. I'd be painfully embarrassed if I'd done something like this and would be wanting to say something to the people who, surprisingly, aren't calling for his blood and have instead offered support.

I'm not a big one for apologies, but even the guy Trippier was rowing with put his head above the parapet. It suggests a lack of character on his part, unfortunately - either in terms of awareness or bravery.

6 minutes ago, 80 said:

He's properly fucked us. I'd be painfully embarrassed if I'd done something like this and would be wanting to say something to the people who, surprisingly, aren't calling for his blood and have instead offered support.

I'm not a big one for apologies, but even the guy Trippier was rowing with put his head above the parapet. It suggests a lack of character on his part, unfortunately - either in terms of awareness or bravery.

I'm sure he's very embarrassed. Gotta remember he's just a kid who's new to the country and doesn't speak the language... not saying to absolve him of his wrongs but important context no less.

And khay is right, he's still under investigation by the FA so this is by no means a closed matter. (Here's to hoping he doesn't get another 10 months lopped on in May)

13 minutes ago, khay said:

Probably been told not to say anything about it by lawyers

Yes, this is a fair point and one I should've mentioned.  My worry is that the advice is about not incriminating himself regarding his contract with us. Given he's already admitted it and been sentenced for his Italian offences, I wouldn't have thought there'd be a major issue, but I could be wrong. If he his bound legally, the club could do him a favour and issue a statement to that effect, though.

Most things players put out will go through a PR team like. Or the players agent.

I've got a lot of time for players going on podcasts and candidly talking one on one with someone, but releasing an apology means nothing, I'd honestly rather people just didn't bother unless something needs explaining alongside it.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

As long as he does everything to come back and be the player we hope he is, that'll do me.

Learn the language, learn the system and get himself properly integrated so he can hit the ground running next time.

35 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

TELEMMGLPICT000181561707_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqC3_kSeTIOhA_2EmUwrnnGb3PvPl2uaHRAr9HwV1V-fw.jpeg

......As of July 2023, Forbes estimates Coates's net worth at $7.7 billion. In 2020, she earned a salary of £422 million and dividends of £48 million......

Canny business to be in like! 

One of the highest tax paying individuals, or the highest in the country, I believe. At least she had the decency not to go offshore like the rest of the big corp. 

Shame they restrict/ban all the sharps and any decent traders/arbers or winning accounts, mind. 

5 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

I was still making ridiculous mistakes in my late 20s

It's strange as at 23 I was in quite a responsible job. When we weren'tactually doing our job we were practically feral whether that was in the mess room or outside work hours. Fucking brilliant it was.

It took me until 30yrs old to, I don't know if calm down is the right phrase but no doubt you get my drift and that was due to getting married, planning a family etc. Fortunately all my mates were doing the same so I never felt like losing out.

The drugs (only weed), the risk taking at work etc all had to stop because my fuck up wouldn't just affect me. Realised this sat on a balcony in Ibiza, 5am with a spliff, watching my mates straggle back from all points. 35 of us on that holiday.

4 hours ago, madras said:

It took me until 30yrs old to, I don't know if calm down is the right phrase but no doubt you get my drift and that was due to getting married, planning a family etc. Fortunately all my mates were doing the same so I never felt like losing out.

The drugs (only weed), the risk taking at work etc all had to stop because my fuck up wouldn't just affect me. Realised this sat on a balcony in Ibiza, 5am with a spliff, watching my mates straggle back from all points. 35 of us on that holiday.

Are you sure it was only weed 5AM in Ibiza?😂