Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I remember for a long time, I thought Rodri couldn't play with Gundogan. In Rodri's first season they lost 9 times in the league and finished a distant 2nd. Rodri looked too slow and cumbersome to do the job Fernandinho had done for the last half-decade. Gundogan looked a level below David Silva, who was being phased out the side. Rodri looked too slow and Gundogan wasn't as slick.

But over time - Pep tinkered with the setup, and those players stepped up. Rodri, when we played them this season, was mentally and physically so quick and dominating, first to every ball. That didn't happen when he first joined. I have no doubt the players are good enough to make it work; they need to adapt and step it up, and Howe needs to coach and tinker with it.

Like I said before. Tonali jogs about too much. This is Howe-ball; you have to be an off-the-ball warrior. He should learn and improve.

Wish you wouldn’t on every single little thing you say, it’s boring as fuck.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Makes some shite point then repeats constantly. 

10 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I know a lot of people want to see Isak as a number 10, but honestly I'd like to see Tonali or Gordon there. From my understanding Tonali can benefit from a more advanced role, and I've heard he's not really a DM by any means. I also remember seeing Gordon as a number 10 in Everton, he was really good there. Working his socks off and creating chances.

From what i've seen Gordon isn't currently very good on the half turn or his back to goal. When he's in those positions he just pops the ball straight back. Isak is cuter in those spaces, gets on the turn well.

Guest reefatoon
16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye you've made an awesome contribution to this thread.

That post was elite btw. Yours 0/0.

Sad Sick Of It GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

Guest reefatoon

Always said I wouldn’t put someone on ignore on here as I think it’s canny petty, but man, have to make an exception for TCD. Absolute narcissistic bore, who goes into every thread, derails it with his shite and you end up spending far too much time reading people disagreeing with him. He’s managed to slap any kind of enjoyment out of this place. 

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I thought it was only Luke Edwards who blocked people who didn't agree...

Need a quick check on Wiki to see if Luke dropped out of college 😆

I only ignore people who take personal digs at me. I love a good discussion about ideas, observations, predictions etc. But if you're going to fill my notifications with crap aggro - I don't need to see it. There are plenty of posters here who want to discuss football here.

Anyways - back to discussing Sandro Tonali...

Edited by The College Dropout

His position in the team has to be the one Longstaff plays long term, right? Not as deep as Bruno but able to drop deep to help link up with him, Trippier and Almirón.

In his last couple of appearances he's played way too high and I don't think he's suited to it. 

image.thumb.png.b1ad8dbd76e99137b43e176070bfe2ab.png

image.thumb.png.0e12e903e4c3ef17643b8f3aed593353.png

That's quite similar to how Joelinton positionally plays as an LCM, no? Perhaps not quite that high but effectively having an interchange with the winger with Burn not often getting forward. It was noted before the game that Calabria has been drifting infield from RB at times this season so maybe we thought we could either pin him back more by having two in that space or capitalise on the gap he'd leave especially with Isak dropping into deeper pockets in buildup.

Just now, Curva Sud Milano said:

Wilson

Gordon           Isak              Almiron

Bruno     Tonali

Would have to agree! 

I feel we ain’t going to see anywhere near the best of him until he settles and learns the language and improves his communication skills.

From what little I’ve seen of him prior to joining was someone who was vocal and a leader etc. So far he’s played like he’s in a silent movie. Needs to bring his true personality to the team as much as his ability otherwise I feel he might struggle to make it here in the way we all hope he will. 

Plenty of time but hopefully this side of him develops as season goes on.

Just now, LFEE said:

I feel we ain’t going to see anywhere near the best of him until he settles and learns the language and improves his communication skills.

From what little I’ve seen of him prior to joining was someone who was vocal and a leader etc. So far he’s played like he’s in a silent movie. Needs to bring his true personality to the team as much as his ability otherwise I feel he might struggle to make it here in the way we all hope he will. 

Plenty of time but hopefully this side of him develops as season goes on.

I actually think that's quite an apt take.