NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Any of the 3 would be good. Hall, Cucerella then Tierney.

Still think we’ll do a surprise transfer  in before the window ends. 
Eddie said 1 or 2 elites pre season. Sandro is 1, Harvey is a great addition not sure if elite. I’m greedy and want to believe in-spite of all the FFP talk there’s room for some arrangement to get a statement signing before the window slams shut! [emoji38] still been a great window as it is. But 1 more plus a “there you fucking go” to seal it! 

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Any of the 3 would be good. Hall, Cucerella then Tierney.

Still think we’ll do a surprise transfer  in before the window ends. 
Eddie said 1 or 2 elites pre season. Sandro is 1, Harvey is a great addition not sure if elite. I’m greedy and want to believe in-spite of all the FFP talk there’s room for some arrangement to get a statement signing before the window slams shut! [emoji38] still been a great window as it is. But 1 more plus a “there you fucking go” to seal it! 

Not so sure Paulo. This guy seems tailor made for Tonali's quick passes and Eddies high press and quick attack. I'm impressed with what I've seen.

1 hour ago, McDog said:

Not so sure Paulo. This guy seems tailor made for Tonali's quick passes and Eddies high press and quick attack. I'm impressed with what I've seen.

I agree. I always wanted Harvey over Maddison (the whole package of ability and character fit) Think I’m just doing the mental gymnastics to hope for another quality surprise addition [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Piece up on the athletic analysing potential left back signings. Hall, Cucu Tierney and Miranda all analysed. 

Summary analysis:

IMG_3225.thumb.png.7823782e1b915b32bca1a9de97e016af.png

IMG_3226.thumb.png.bf4ab2d475c529396d659da646d29d24.png

IMG_3227.thumb.png.43dde233890ad46437781ef9fc538247.png

IMG_3228.thumb.png.7d27b6cd6d99f1ccd01d57877777d585.png

This is not a perfect market. Cucurella and Tierney may be more available, but both have flaws in their game which mean they are not ideal solutions. The youth and potential of Miranda and Hall is enticing — but Hall appears off limits, while Miranda would require a significant financial outlay, or extremely creative accounting.

These are the problems created by Newcastle’s rapid rise. Whereas they may previously have been able to let the market develop over multiple windows, their ascent to European football ahead of schedule means they need to build depth rapidly. It means players may not always fit — and Howe and director of football Dan Ashworth have always been insistent that they need to be certain they have the right player coming in.

In Burn and Targett — and even with Trippier in a pinch — Newcastle have options. However, if they are to unlock their full left-sided potential, they might just have to exhibit patience.

Looking at those stats that The Athletic distributed it would seem if Howe wants to bring an elite LB in then he might have to look elsewhere or wait till next summer.

Miranda would be the pick of those 4 going purely on those stats because he'd offer similar to Burn defensively but WAY more than Burn in attacking areas. But ofcourse who's knows what the hell he'd actually cost and how he'd adapt to a new country and a new team.

6 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Miranda only £8m / €10 as well 

Ooh. That might give us the flex on a RCB. 5 year deal is less than £2m amortisation a season plus whatever wages he’d be on. Basically could be offset getting Ryan Fraser’s wages off the book.

Not seen a lot of Lewis Hall, but he does impress. However,  I can't see Chelsea letting him go on a permanent transfer, and a season long loan might not work for us. We really need someone to step into the first team now, and it's asking a lot of an 18 year old at a new club and a new city to do that, whatever the talent. It's probably easier to take that sort of risk with an attacker than a defender. So all we might end up doing is giving him some good coaching which Chelsea would then benefit from. 

Tierney seems the obvious front-runner for me. He's experienced, motivated to come here (I'm pretty sure) and would slot in right away. It wasn't that long ago that people were talking about him and Robertson as the best two left backs in Europe. Whether Arsenal would accept the kind of deferred payments that we're talking about is a big hurdle though.

13 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Miranda only £8m / €10 as well 

If that's true and we do actually want him then I don't see why we haven't done it already. 

A quick Google find that's Barcelona have first refusal to sign him and they have a 40% sell on with him so perhaps not quite that straight forward to get done.

His squad number at Real Betis is #33. Seems like it's meant to be if he's going to be Burns replacement.

Edited by Mazzy

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Summary analysis:

IMG_3225.thumb.png.7823782e1b915b32bca1a9de97e016af.png

IMG_3226.thumb.png.bf4ab2d475c529396d659da646d29d24.png

IMG_3227.thumb.png.43dde233890ad46437781ef9fc538247.png

IMG_3228.thumb.png.7d27b6cd6d99f1ccd01d57877777d585.png

This is not a perfect market. Cucurella and Tierney may be more available, but both have flaws in their game which mean they are not ideal solutions. The youth and potential of Miranda and Hall is enticing — but Hall appears off limits, while Miranda would require a significant financial outlay, or extremely creative accounting.

These are the problems created by Newcastle’s rapid rise. Whereas they may previously have been able to let the market develop over multiple windows, their ascent to European football ahead of schedule means they need to build depth rapidly. It means players may not always fit — and Howe and director of football Dan Ashworth have always been insistent that they need to be certain they have the right player coming in.

In Burn and Targett — and even with Trippier in a pinch — Newcastle have options. However, if they are to unlock their full left-sided potential, they might just have to exhibit patience.

Tierney seems the most well-rounded, but Hall can surpass him.

Edited by catlover24

For the profile of players we are signing and the fact Chelsea effectively have 3 left backs to replace him, I can see Hall coming here. Like the Barnes transfer it just makes sense. 

41 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Looking at those stats that The Athletic distributed it would seem if Howe wants to bring an elite LB in then he might have to look elsewhere or wait till next summer.

Think that's where we are at now like

No more burn/targett type of signings (no disrespect to either)

Just going to the top of our lists and will hold off if needs be

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Given he regularly covers centre back, Hincapie would be a good option. Leverkusen aren't going to sell cheap though.

I think West Ham will take Tam and another player from them, meaning it’ll take RB Leipzig levels of transfer negotiation and a huge fee to get Hincapie. File under next summer.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If we could bring in Hall, we would have filled both fullback positions for the next ten years.

That’s true, I suspect we aren’t fibbing about FFP this time and getting hall will be beyond us. 

doing business with clubs in this league is a nightmare. 

51 minutes ago, jack j said:

Think that's where we are at now like

No more burn/targett type of signings (no disrespect to either)

Just going to the top of our lists and will hold off if needs be

We likely don’t have the budget to bring in the players at the top of those lists.