NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10/10 for me, massively improved the squad with young hungry players without breaking the wage structure, at the same time putting established clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea to shame 

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

10/10 for me, massively improved the squad with young hungry players without breaking the wage structure, at the same time putting established clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea to shame 

Absolutely this, 10/10, be an 11/10 if we move on some of the players that need to go 

Am I the only one to think a striker is a need ? We have no option to go 2 up front if either gets injured or should we want to start like that (I'd love to see Isak as an advanced 10 off Wilson) we'd have no cover on the bench. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

Am I the only one to think a striker is a need ? We have no option to go 2 up front if either gets injured or should we want to start like that (I'd love to see Isak as an advanced 10 off Wilson) we'd have no cover on the bench. 

Looks like the thinking will be Gordon in as a worst case. 

21 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Was just going to say. Gordon will be third choice. Perhaps big Jow 4th.

Neither fill me with confidence. (In that position).

Edited by madras

8 minutes ago, Shak said:

It's not very realistic to expect to have a really good 3rd choice striker in a squad that generally only uses one IMO.

Even a developer more than what we have, a through the middle Minteh.

I think we are in for an evolution of style this season and two strikers, especially with Isak's mobility could be called for.

Given the limitations of FFP then I'm struggling to see how it's anything other than near perfect tbh. I'll fully accept that we are still lacking in a few key positions and, again, I think RW, RCB, DM and another CF would be the next 4 positions that need to be upgraded but expecting all of the holes to be filled in  window is madness :lol:

We've bought extremely smartly and the players we have bought are the right ages and with the right skillsets to develop and improve the team and the squad. They've built on the momentum of the CL finish and invested everything they were allowed to do so. Think some are moaning for the sake of it, that's the only reason I can think of  

15 minutes ago, madras said:

Even a developer more than what we have, a through the middle Minteh.

I think we are in for an evolution of style this season and two strikers, especially with Isak's mobility could be called for.

I'm guessing Howe sees Gordon as that man, though as you say a central Minteh would be a nice have.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Remember the last time we qualified for Europe and we bought Vernon Anita.

Fun times.

Yeah and I think everyone remembers the Lee Bowyer summer too.

There has been some terrible summers.