NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Yeah but one of our RBs was out with a serious injury and still hasn’t returned so we had zero cover for Trippier - a RB was a must in the summer 

Its nonsensical to sign a LB unless we sell one 

I wasn’t including Krafth. We had Trippier, Manquillo and Ashby.

Left back is one of our weakest areas in the starting eleven in terms of quality, if not the weakest. I don’t know anything about Juan Miranda but if we want to improve our starting eleven then left back is a position that is overdue upgrading.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I wasn’t including Krafth. We had Trippier, Manquillo and Ashby.

Left back is one of our weakest areas in the starting eleven in terms of quality, if not the weakest. I don’t know anything about Juan Miranda but if we want to improve our starting eleven then left back is a position that is overdue upgrading.

Miranda is very much the Matt Targett type - not for me if I am being honest

Big fan of Di Marco - but that isn’t happening 

Rico Henry would be awesome, or Mendy from Madrid. 

Good shout for Pedro Neto, I think he possibly plays both sides, but, he's probably Wolves most valuable asset.

Gnabry, Sané, Raphinha, Llorente, Bowen, Nico Williams, all would be major right mid upgrades.

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I don’t get much inside info, but I know 100% we’re wanting to go for Neto next summer.

I hope this is true. He works hard, pace and acceleration, end product, technical ability, strong. He also keeps it simple when required. Can go both inside and on the outside. Would be THE perfect player for us. Different player obviously but he would be a similar signing to VVD/Mane when they went to Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

It does have the feel of convenient paper story rather than a deal that would ever be something we'd pursue in reality like.

I could see us going for him in all honesty, I think he’s proved in the past to be a very good player, and the circumstances mean he’d be available at cut price. However, that sort of transfer does fit with the Ashley model rather than us nowadays. Would entirely depend on whether Howe and Ashworth think there’s long term value in the deal rather than short term I think 

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I can see City letting him go, but not if we are only looking at loaning without some sort of obligation.

If it’s a long ban for Tonali, I don’t see why we wouldn’t do a loan to buy tbh. It’s someone we’ve been heavily linked to before.

On 22/10/2023 at 05:55, STM said:

Pedro Neto is a player I'd be looking at.

Edit: He's 23, plenty of PL experience and really starting to look a player. Has shades of Mahrez to his game. Eddie would work wonders.

I like that comparison as they're both very gifted and creative. Neto is less of a goal threat than Mahrez, but I'd say Neto is a better creator and much more progressive in possession. That being said, Neto does underperform his xG with only the single goal on the season. 

On 22/10/2023 at 06:01, Ikon said:

I’ve mentioned him before. I think we should break the bank to get him if that is what I takes. He would take us to the next level. Has everything Howe would love for a player in his team. And will only get better in a better team and under Howe’s coaching. Imagine him Isak and Gordon. 

No matter who we go for in the future I hope it’s top top quality players before quantity. Players that transform us that extra level. But players that are hungry with the right mentality and that fit into the TEAM. Not names for the sake of it. As of now we already have decent depth as well as massive potential in players like Tino and Hall to name two. We don’t need big numbers now with the squad we have. Sign 1-2 players at most in each coming windows. Unless it’s youngsters for the long term. 

He's the entire forward engine of that Wolves team. I liked Neves, but I think Neto is twice the player and only 23. Wolves would want stupid money for him and I don't blame them as he's a major reason (the current bottom 3 being horrific helps massively) they're going to stay up comfortably. They're still in FFP shit and I reckon would want at least +50mill for him.

Edited by The Bonk

25 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Still can’t see Howe going for that unless it’s option to buy. It might say that in the article but I can’t be arsed with reading transfer reports outside of the windows 

I think it'd be the opposite? I don't think we'd need him if we had Tonali, don't think we'll need him when he's back. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I think it'd be the opposite? I don't think we'd need him if we had Tonali, don't think we'll need him when he's back. 

Just cannot see Howe backing a stopgap solution. He won’t like the idea of having a player in the squad who isn’t completely invested in the club. I might be wrong but while it’s pragmatic, I think there are major drawbacks