NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Has that been confirmed or just conjecture? The first two points I mean

On the certain clubs part, Ashworth said this when asked about it a couple months ago:

"I'm not going to confirm whether there is or isn't any release clauses in Bruno or any other of our player's contracts," Ashworth said. "They're all private and confidential."

"I can tell you about the principles of release clauses and you can have a situation where a player may have a dream country or club that they want to play for and you can make it specific to them, you can make it specific that it can sit outside of your competitors in the Premier League," Ashworth added.

That's enough confirmation to me that it at least doesn't apply to everyone. It could certainly include PSG, but we don't know.

As for the timing, there have been some reports it begins in the summer. 

4 hours ago, Fezzle said:

The 'dosh from CL' will surely have been factored in as unless we got zero points its fairly easy for them to expect around what we got give or take £500k or so in points. If we didnt get shafted by a late pen then year that extra money would be great wiggle room. Got to expect the same for any extra contracts that have probably been agreed for ages

Don’t forget the Adidas kit deal is reputed to be £40 million a year, that’ll boost our spending considerably this summer.

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

Don’t forget the Adidas kit deal is reputed to be £40 million a year, that’ll boost our spending considerably this summer.

Nobody has forgot, we are talking about this year though which has nothing to do with it

This and the Isaac Hayden thread being bumped hasn't exactly started the new year with a bang. One of those days when you half wish the site was down. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

£150m + ødegaard and I'd maybe start to consider it. 

Saka’s probably just about an upgrade on Miggy, so let’s go with him instead…

Have to agree with others about our lack of viable options when it comes to player sales.

There’s just no buyers for players like Hendrick and Hayden. I don’t think Southampton will be bothered about making Fraser’s move permanent either at this stage.

Manquillo has seemingly been injured all season, would he even pass a medical if he was to move this window?

Only players outside the first-team we could get a fee for would be Krafth and Lascelles. I’d be reluctant to let either leave, unless the fee made sense, like with Wood for instance.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Straight swap for Saka or get lost.

(Isak would score buckets of goals in that Arsenal team)

Saka? … Not think he’s being slowly sussed out?

Feel for him as he’s a very good player being overplayed by Arsenal & England.

6 hours ago, arnonel said:

I think someone hinted that the release clause is not necessarily money related, but could be something else, eg: Dream Club

It would have to have a £££ value in the clause, otherwise what’s to stop Barca bidding £1 and triggering the clause?

There’s no way I’d do a straight swap of Saka for Isak. I love Saka but we’ve got the best striker at our club since Shearer. A genuinely world class striker. I think Saka is a world class winger but if I had the option I’d always go for a striker of that quality over a winger of that quality