NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

The fact that he admits to losing concentration and it’s on video and we’re still even considering buying him is… worrying. 

Can we not get him some Adderall 

I love Eddie, but my biggest concern is him continuing to concentrate on PL experience over better options from around the world.

Seems we want to build a steady eddy, British 11.  Even if some of the linked names are average, in the case of Ramsdale - I'd rather start Pope tbh.

Posted (edited)

We're not buying him at all, complete load of made up bollocks imo.

With FFP/PSR or whatever the big 6 fannies shitty little creation is called, there's no way we're laying out £40m on a reserve GK, or for a main GK making Pope our reserves, just complete arse gravy nonsense.

Edited by Bimpy474

2 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

I love Eddie, but my biggest concern is him continuing to concentrate on PL experience over better options from around the world.

Seems we want to build a steady eddy, British 11.  Even if some of the linked names are average, in the case of Ramsdale - I'd rather start Pope tbh.

You know this is a bollocks take right?

Bruno, Botman, Isak, Tonali…

30 minutes ago, 80 said:

My policy, same as previous summers, is to not get too fussed about links until they're halfway through the doors. Saves a lot of stress...

Same for signings I'm quite excited about like Tosin. Never take it for granted the deal is done until the ink is on the contract.

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

You know this is a bollocks take right?

Bruno, Botman, Isak, Tonali…

For clarity:

Since Eddie arrived our transfers are:

British = 9

Non-British = 8

If we do get this lad for daft money then howe needs taking out of the recruitment phase. 

He can tell the director the types he's after but let them sort out the best deals for the club. 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

If we do get this lad for daft money then howe needs taking out of the recruitment phase. 

He can tell the director the types he's after but let them sort out the best deals for the club. 

Nothing at all suggests we are in for Ramsdale. Regardless, a manager should never be taken out of the recruitment of players.

40 minutes ago, Beth said:

Makes no sense unless we have serious concerns over Popes shoulder.

There’s got to be serious questions over Pope’s shoulder it’s gone twice now, but if Ramsdale’s the answer I’ve got serious reservations about the manager this summer.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

There’s got to be serious questions over Pope’s shoulder it’s gone twice now, but if Ramsdale’s the answer I’ve got serious reservations about the manager this summer.

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Are people really questioning Howe over a shit rumour linking us to Ramsdale ?

Seems it. 

If Ramsdale’s the answer, the question must be Howe? ?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Seems it. 

If Ramsdale’s the answer, the question must be Howe? ?

If Howe signs him the buck stops simple as, there’ll be no Ashworth this summer to blame for the transfer strategy.

Edited by Whitley mag

36 minutes ago, SteV said:

For clarity:

Since Eddie arrived our transfers are:

British = 9

Non-British = 8

This disproves your point :lol:.... since Newcastle is, you know, in England.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yes, of course they are.

It's funny I was reading an article earlier where apparently on one of the Athletic's Q&As someone asked if the Liverpool interest in Gordon was real, and not only was it confirmed, but also that Man City like him a lot too, but they both know they've got no chance of signing him off us.

And I couldn't help but laugh recalling the reactions when we were first linked to him, and the things that were being said about Howe's recruitment.

And then I've come on here, and here we are again ...

Ramsdale is pretty much the same standard as Pope, give or take a few attributes either way. However, he's significantly younger.

If we signed Ramsdale he wouldn't improve our starting 11, or at least not right away but he's still got growth in him, especially under Howe.

It's worth remembering that for all Arteta has done a good job at Arsenal, he's not got a good record with keepers. He let one of the best keepers in the world sign for Villa, a competant keeper in Leno leave, replaced them with a young, raw, Ramsdale and binned him off at the first sign of bother, for Raya who's not exactly Buffon himself.

It wouldn't be where I'd be looking at spending my money though. Popes a good keeper and our next keeper should be significantly better with his feet.

Howe definitely prefers players with Premier League experience, not that there is anything wrong with that in the main other than you pay a premium on that.

24 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

People would question Howe if the club announced our next kit would be black and white stripes