NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I think we should ideally know what Anderson's actual position is before we sell him. Because it's been two (stop start) seasons now and I'm still not sure what his actual natural/best position actually is. 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I will continue to maintain that a huge percentage of football fans don't actually like the sport or pay attention when they watch it.

It's just an outlet for them to take out their anger. Shouting at players on the pitch, or constantly complaining about everything that goes on at the club, in some form or fashion.

Out fans in particular I think. I sat in the home end at old Trafford when we played them. There was none of that. When I’m at at James’ there’s always one radgie, shouting abuse at our players. Maybe not through the whole game but at points.

27 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Out fans in particular I think. I sat in the home end at old Trafford when we played them. There was none of that. When I’m at at James’ there’s always one radgie, shouting abuse at our players. Maybe not through the whole game but at points.

That is incredibly unfortunate if it is a Newcastle specific thing.

You really have to wonder how that then correlates to a clubs success on the pitch over time.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

That's Emery's guy from his time back at Arsenal. I imagine he'll be going to Villa.

Wouldn't really make sense for us at the minute, probably just a contingency plan, for if Bruno leaves.

I think there’s a good chance we’ll sign a CM even though Bruno is staying. We can’t afford the drop-off that we suffer when the current squad options need to be used. 

Albeit less games this season. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think there’s a good chance we’ll sign a CM even though Bruno is staying. We can’t afford the drop-off that we suffer when the current squad options need to be used. 

IMG_2675.thumb.jpeg.48d0c3206f041692bd9407f426705ac1.jpeg

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

In an ideal world I’d agree, but we can’t afford one currently imo.

42 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That is incredibly unfortunate if it is a Newcastle specific thing.

You really have to wonder how that then correlates to a clubs success on the pitch over time.

It’s not a Newcastle specific thing.

Football fans are generally the same wherever you go. 

It’s actually bizarre to think that because people are from 75 miles down the road, they’ll have vastly different behaviours.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s not a Newcastle specific thing.

Football fans are generally the same wherever you go. 

It’s actually bizarre to think that because people are from 75 miles down the road, they’ll have vastly different behaviours.

12 miles maybe :lol:

30 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_2675.thumb.jpeg.48d0c3206f041692bd9407f426705ac1.jpeg

My mate is a Celtic season holder and he said he’s becoming a bit over rated. Said probably Southampton would be his level which was then backed up by other Celtic fans. Dunno myself haven’t seen him much 

40 minutes ago, gdm said:

My mate is a Celtic season holder and he said he’s becoming a bit over rated. Said probably Southampton would be his level which was then backed up by other Celtic fans. Dunno myself haven’t seen him much 

Celtic nut m8 at work rates him highly and that we’d need deep pockets for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by PauloGeordio

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Celtic but m8 at work rates him highly and that we’d need deep pockets for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can see why as he’s scored goals but I’m told top 5 or 6 premier league would be step too far. Again I dunno not watched him much. 

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

I can see why as he’s scored goals but I’m told top 5 or 6 premier league would be step too far. Again I dunno not watched him much. 

Could say the same about alot of our players tbf

12 hours ago, midds said:

Sorry like but if we're ever to move on to 3rd base as a club then we need need to move the likes of Longstaff, Almiron, Lascelles, Anderson, Targett, Murphy, Dubravka and Wilson on. They've all be useful servants, worked hard, fulfilled their roles but we need to take the next step and unfortunately they're not part of it. They're all canny lads, none of them have done anything horrendous but it's just a natural process of improving and setting our sights higher and higher. I wish them all well but we 100% need to cut them adrift this summer or next

This was my point in the post @madras answered. I know Longstaff will happily sign a new contract and thus we won't really lose out on that fee, but at the same time we will. £15m from a homegrown will translate in multiples in FFP terms, and we could buy a genuinely exciting prospect for that money. I'm interested to see how the hierarchy deal with it as I want to see if Eales can back up his talk of being ruthless in order to advance us as a club.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Love a cheap bid don't they.

Thinks it's the old

bid low.

unsettle the player that he is missing out on his dream move.

and then meet in the middle which will still save them 15 million on fulhams asking price.

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Thinks it's the old

bid low.

unsettle the player that he is missing out on his dream move.

and then meet in the middle which will still save them 15 million on fulhams asking price.

While at the same time Fulham ask for more than they think they'll get for negotiating purposes.