NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

37 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

We could be lining up a complete curve ball, just under the radar but about to go big type RW. 

People really need to stop using this every time. 99% of rumours are guesswork/bullshit but the idea we manipulate every one is mad ha

7 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

People really need to stop using this every time. 99% of rumours are guesswork/bullshit but the idea we manipulate every one is mad ha

Are you confusing curveball & smokescreen? :lol:

I do still wonder what Eddie's long term plan is for how he wants the back four to operate.

If the plan is still to shift into a back three with Livramento doing what Trippier has and being a full on wing-back then I could see MGW on the right making sense as he'd spend most of his time drifting in towards a #10 role anyway.

Obviously the idea of Hall and Livra as a tandem of super attacking full backs is the sexy idea but I do wonder if Eddie sees Kelly and Burn as his LB options (with added bonus that they can cover at CB as needed). I think the idea that Hall would have got any time at LB last season without all the injuries is pretty fanciful, to be honest.

There's also a lot of merit to the back three in terms of what it allows us to do with our 3 midfielders, we don't really need a traditional holding midfielder if we have a full back who doesn't really push on, allows Bruno to be that roaming playmaker with legs either side of him.

20 hours ago, SteV said:

I’d love to think you’re right.

Just not sure how anyone can speak with conviction either way?

Because he’s a manager that has a fixed philosophy, and we’ve seen it enough times that you need to be pragmatic or it fails (passing out from back in every situation). 

Chelsea for me, not a side designed ready for it, and potentially too youthful to deal with the set backs.

I don’t know Kelly at all, have no recollection of seeing him play even though I must have done a fair few times. If he’s a great LB option then fair enough that he gets time there but Burn shouldn’t ever play LB again unless injuries absolutely force it as a last option. Hall is an extremely good player, one of our best passers of the ball, extremely good vision, very comfortable with running with the ball too. I would like to see Hall at LB unless Kelly is something special 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I don’t know Kelly at all, have no recollection of seeing him play even though I must have done a fair few times. If he’s a great LB option then fair enough that he gets time there but Burn shouldn’t ever play LB again unless injuries absolutely force it as a last option. Hall is an extremely good player, one of our best passers of the ball, extremely good vision, very comfortable with running with the ball too. I would like to see Hall at LB unless Kelly is something special 

What you like and what you get are two different things, mister.

22 minutes ago, Shak said:

I do still wonder what Eddie's long term plan is for how he wants the back four to operate.

If the plan is still to shift into a back three with Livramento doing what Trippier has and being a full on wing-back then I could see MGW on the right making sense as he'd spend most of his time drifting in towards a #10 role anyway.

Obviously the idea of Hall and Livra as a tandem of super attacking full backs is the sexy idea but I do wonder if Eddie sees Kelly and Burn as his LB options (with added bonus that they can cover at CB as needed). I think the idea that Hall would have got any time at LB last season without all the injuries is pretty fanciful, to be honest.

There's also a lot of merit to the back three in terms of what it allows us to do with our 3 midfielders, we don't really need a traditional holding midfielder if we have a full back who doesn't really push on, allows Bruno to be that roaming playmaker with legs either side of him.

Yeah I've wondered this myself, it's a massive difference having 3 CB's at the back compared to 2 attacking full backs. And most of the defensively solid teams these days have 3 good defenders who are good in the air

But with the money committed to Hall, there must be a solid plan in place 

32 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Because he’s a manager that has a fixed philosophy, and we’ve seen it enough times that you need to be pragmatic or it fails (passing out from back in every situation). 

Chelsea for me, not a side designed ready for it, and potentially too youthful to deal with the set backs.

All of that could well be true, and it may be how it turns out for them next year.

But there’s no way it’s guaranteed. Spurs were predicted to be a shambles this time last year on here after selling Kane. Finished 5th. 

It's a bit simplistic seeing it this way, but I think Hall is more of the natural successor to Trippier in the team, albeit that implies mirroring over the structure of the team from right to left.

8 minutes ago, 80 said:

It's a bit simplistic seeing it this way, but I think Hall is more of the natural successor to Trippier in the team, albeit that implies mirroring over the structure of the team from right to left.

Have any teams done that yet where the third centre back comes from right back?

Thinking city and ake/akanji Liverpool Gomez. Arsenal Kiwior. Us with Burn

Always seems to be the left back

So ... had no idea Olise was at Chelsea until he was released at 14 ;D

Chelsea are so crazy man. Think Oliseh will end up back there though.

Apparently his younger brother is still in the academy there and has just been given a new contract.

30 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So ... had no idea Olise was at Chelsea until he was released at 14 ;D

Chelsea are so crazy man. Think Oliseh will end up back there though.

Apparently his younger brother is still in the academy there and has just been given a new contract.

Chelsea has the best academy in England by far, the number of talents that they bring through. Madness.

1 minute ago, LRD said:

Chelsea has the best academy in England by far, the number of talents that they bring through. Madness.

Or biggest... Not sure they could even fit all their players in the amount they normally have out on loan