NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

28 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I don't think there's any reason to think there's some big problem behind the scenes. Some things may have been delayed or re-evaluated with Mitchell coming in, but the main issue is that we likely just don't have a lot of money to spend and we really need outgoings.

Not to get into another ffp/psr debate, but that goes against everything the media has been saying. According to them, we have a fairly decent amount to spend (I’m aware they are quite often full of shit).

Edited by SUPERTOON

One of the worst signings you could make under PSR, bloated fee with little to no sell on, high wages and long contract.  Strikes me as a player comfortable at Man Utd but doesn’t have the quality to go somewhere else and drag a team out the shite

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Be interesting to see if Mount can make a comeback, think he's a bit unlucky slash excessively shite since he went to Manchester. 

Ashworth has a history of fucking up PSR so let's see what happens 

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Are you from True Faith podcast by any chance? 

No not at all, never heard of this podcast. I was just wondering what others thought. Perhaps I should have rephrased the question. My thought are that Howe does take time to bed players in, so getting players in late is perhaps counter productive, but getting the right players in is essential. However, if there is a change in direction and type of players were might look at, this will take time, and time is critical at this stage of the season. I guess we will not know until the end of the window, but as we stand, we are weaker than at the close of the season.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not to get into another ffp/psr debate, but that goes against everything the media has been saying. According to them, we have a fairly decent amount to spend (I’m aware they are quite often full of shit).

Yeah, I think they are wrong pending outgoings / new, meaningful sponsorships. But hopefully not.

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Be interesting to see if Mount can make a comeback, think he's a bit unlucky slash excessively shite since he went to Manchester. 

I thought this too (yes, I got @Froggy'd), but he was injured most of the season. 1 goal in 14 games where 9 of them he was a sub, not good compared to previous seasons with Chelsea, but I'm sure he'll be more productive this season. 

7 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Think if we don’t see at least one main guy in by the Sela Cup I’ll start to get concerned on what’s happening behind closed doors.

We all knew from end of last season the two main areas we needed to spend money (CB / RW) and areas where we wanted to increase quality in depth if opportunities arose (GK / ST / CM). With ideally moving on a few players. So far, it’s a goalkeeper which was part of a panic PSR deal, and likely a very young raw striker. 

Fanbase need a big signing just to ease the apprehensions that things maybe are not rosey behind closed doors. 

Fanbase can panic at the end of August. More important to find a right player than to just buy players. 

Still few of the top teams have been really quiet. I trust we get the right players and hopefully can sell few. 

I logged into Twitter or x or whatever it’s called now for the first time as only have it on my iPad. Fuck me there’s some nufc bed wetters on there 😂 No wonder I stopped going on there ages ago it’s awful.

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I logged into Twitter or x or whatever it’s called now for the first time as only have it on my iPad. Fuck me there’s some nufc bed wetters on there 😂 No wonder I stopped going on there ages ago it’s awful.

Fans seem more vocally negative in general on social media than they were at any point during Ashley, Bruce, etc. it's bizarre.

Honestly no need to be on Twitter these days. Anything relevant will get posted in here. 

The whole platform is designed to promote division and negativity and that was the way even before the man child Musk took it over. 

6 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Honestly no need to be on Twitter these days. Anything relevant will get posted in here. 

The whole platform is designed to promote division and negativity and that was the way even before the man child Musk took it over. 

Couldn’t agree more, sport, politics, it’s all awful on there. Glad I’m off it to be honest save for the odd view once in a blue moon.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Fans seem more vocally negative in general on social media than they were at any point during Ashley, Bruce, etc. it's bizarre.

Agree - it's absolutely mental!

Oh! The irony!

Because there is actual expectation now. Plus more people care again in general and negative takes garner more interaction. 

14 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Because there is actual expectation now. Plus more people care again in general and negative takes garner more interaction. 

More people demand a team that wins than a one that tries.

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I just use twitter to look at naked women and abuse trump fans 

Very hard to enjoy things as a football fan, you’re always supposed to be questioning everything. 

I’m currently still in a blissful state of being able to go and enjoy watching a team and know the club is run by actual professionals with a mission to make us better.

I think that’ll probably last another 5 seasons at least. Maybe more when I see the new East Stand font. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

So we will only be signing young players from now on, Eddie's original plan of signing established players seems to be over.