NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Doesn't seem very efficient to spend that much to make Schar a sub.  Feels more like a luxury purchase we cannot afford in this window.  

It's not going to make him a sub though. The double ACL injuries brought our need for a replacement CB forward a year. You'd think if fully fit, our existing roster of centre halves is fine for a year sans Europe. But drop Botman and Lascelles for pretty much the entire season and it's a different story. Tosin was the cheaper option, to cover us, but if a top player is available, then we've shown that we'll make that opportunistic move.

12 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Doesn't seem very efficient to spend that much to make Schar a sub.  Feels more like a luxury purchase we cannot afford in this window.  

A centre back is a non negotiable like, might as well get the best one we can 

No RW signing would be extremely disappointing like.

It'll stand out like a sore thumb in our strongest eleven.

It's also not really fair to expect Gordon to move to being predominantly a RW when he's taken a massive leap as a player playing on the left. Maybe he'd excel on that side but how many of the top wide players in a front three don't play on the side that has them cutting in on their stronger side?

Feels like not the best way to show Gordon that Newcastle is the place he can achieve the things he seemingly wants in his career.

17 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

I get where you’re coming from but we’ve got pretty lucky with Schar and injuries recently and he’ll need replacing at the end of the season. Schar gets injured as we don’t have anyone currently. 

Just listening to the lads on all with smiling faces podcast and own saying Miggy going out could be the key to a RW signing. I hope that isn’t the case but it could be. I think we will strengthen the RW position and I think a few outgoings such as Trippier will seal it.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

3 hours ago, 80 said:

Well no, the footballing authorities are responsible for PSR, and shame on them. Every boring thread on this forum is ultimately their fault.

But operating within that, he's had a yes/no choice on helping the club and being given tonnes of money for the privilege - beyond his value as a footballer - and chose no.

Bosman transfers are a knife in the heart of football clubs nowadays. That goes for Lloyd Kelly, Tosin Adarabioyo and anyone else, by the way. I don't expect Miggy to fully understand that, in fairness to him.

That all said, we clearly made a big mistake giving him a new contract instead of selling him after his hot streak season, so that is on NUFC. Have to admit at the time I imagined there would be a gentleman's agreement about him moving on before it ended, though.

This is such a mental viewpoint. Maybe his family are happy living here? If your job asked you to move to Saudi but your kids were settled and happy in school would you? It’s a job ffs he doesn’t give a shit if his decision means the fans don’t get a shiny new signing. 

3 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

This is such a mental viewpoint. Maybe his family are happy living here? If your job asked you to move to Saudi but your kids were settled and happy in school would you? It’s a job ffs he doesn’t give a shit if his decision means the fans don’t get a shiny new signing. 

Sure, he doesn't have to have any loyalty to us. But it won't be surprising if he catches a lot of shit over it, particularly considering emotions like loyalty, love and betrayal generate the money that makes him a multimillionaire in the first place - otherwise he'd be earning the same wage as a field hockey player or something.

9 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Brajan Gruda. Never heard of him.

Reckon a few on here will have watched Mainz loads mind.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

@McCormick and @KaKa are usually good for info on foreign targets.

This name has been floated about with Newcastle from early summer.

Never seen him play, but looked into what he was like from info online a little while back.

Seems a highly rated youngster and similar sort of profile to the Argentine youngster we were linked with that has gone to Roma, Matias Soule.

3 minutes ago, janpawel said:

@KaKa Sounds like that RW we mentioned earlier 

Yeah, perhaps. Although from the reports earlier in the summer, think he was more around the £25 million mark.

Has he been linked with us again today then?

Barnes       Isak       Gordon 

looks a lot better than 

Gordon     Isak      Almiron

though. It's a last resort but if we're pushed for money/can't shift Almiron then switching Gordon to the RW is more than a possibility. I don't want it to happen but it's a better option than sticking with Almiron. Honestly can't bare the thought of seeing Almiron lining up on RW for yet another season

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, perhaps. Although from the reports earlier in the summer, think he was more around the £25 million mark.

Has he been linked with us again today then?

By one of the ITks on twitter. 

Saw Gruda play v Dortmund and Leverkusen last season.

He wasn't on the wing in either, more of narrow right sided attacking midfield role. He showed flashes of talent, but struggled to get into both games. Understandable, considering the opposition.

Edited by The Prophet

I wouldn't worry about our ability to sell a player. The reason Howe is reluctant to sell players is because he wants to see his squad improved first.

Absolutely no point in selling Miggy unless there is a clear plan and replacement.

If we get Guehi, that will at least give Howe confidence in the squad in other areas and they can refocus going into the last couple of weeks.

I've no doubt there will be a signing further up the pitch (aside from the SU lad), but we might have to be flexible on the profile.

I've just been listening to that whopper Sean Casey on the Loaded Mag transfer show.

He reckons we're waiting for Spurs to sign Neto so we can get Kulusevski.  That would be crap IMO but almost certainly utter bollocks anyway

And someone asked him if there was any chance we could go for Eze and he said we dont need him as Willock is better [emoji38]

[emoji38] I could imagine us signing Kulu if we didn’t have the cash to go big but it would be a bit of a waste. We’d still need to spend circa £30-£35m on him I imagine so it would be a big outlay for a player that I dont think would be viewed as a perfect profile

Said this before as I don't know much about Kulu, but is he good enough for us if he's not good enough for Spurs? 

I consider our teams at a similar level (though not in the FPP world if I dare say) 

Plus we'd be doing them a favour 

I know he'd be an upgrade, just surely there's better out there for the price 🤷