NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Chris Waugh in the athletic recycling the same names for the 10th week in a row in Elanga, Madueke and Gonzalez.

Also mentions Gomes and Chalobah as alternatives to Guehi. Also says Vlachodimos may leave on loan.

The complete fear of looking into the European market for a defender is very odd - there is some good buys to be had. At a time where the French league is looking for TV rights, players can be had for cheap!

Joe Gomez and Chalobah ffs

12 minutes ago, Menace said:

The complete fear of looking into the European market for a defender is very odd - there is some good buys to be had. At a time where the French league is looking for TV rights, players can be had for cheap!

If there are any CB possibles in France we will be well placed/informed to know about them. 

Wasn’t too keen on Chalobah from what I’d seen, seems to have a mistake or 2 in him. Had a little look, Chelsea fans look as though they like him, he’s 6’4”, looks quick enough and scores the occasional goal. A lot of his hi-lights show recovery runs. Looks like he could be an Eddie type player. At this point I’d consider 30M for him and walk away from Guéhi.

23 minutes ago, Menace said:

Which is weird because 4 of our 5 'purples' (Isak, Bruno, Tonali, Botman) never had the apparently crucial PL experience Howe apparently is pushing for. 

9 hours ago, gdm said:

genuinely shocked at the amount of people saying Spurs will get top 4. Ange can only play one way and it’ll get found it. They’ve made decent signings but Son looks shadow of the player that linked up with Kane for fun 

Spurs have an average attack. They wasted incredible money for Solanke, plus Son is old and Johnson and Kulusevski are average and Werner is bad. The only one class forward is Odobert (a true talent). The rest of the team is good, but without the forward line they are not top 4 material. You have a better team.

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Wasn’t too keen on Chalobah from what I’d seen, seems to have a mistake or 2 in him. Had a little look, Chelsea fans look as though they like him, he’s 6’4”, looks quick enough and scores the occasional goal. A lot of his hi-lights show recovery runs. Looks like he could be an Eddie type player. At this point I’d consider 30M for him and walk away from Guéhi.

Just remember his OG against Brighton last season... an overhit back pass from just inside his own half.

Had a listen to some of that Douglas podcast (posted by @Whitley mag) on my way back from the gym.

Nothing ground breaking. Basically says if we sign Guehi, without sales (and based on Maguire's calculations), there would be £20 million to £30 millon left in the budget.

Goes on to say we had serious interest in Botman in January.

As we know, also says the club are giving nothing away and all the noise on Guehi is coming from Palace end.

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

And look at the value we got for them. Solanke went for Isak money, Kilman went for more than Botman, Dewsbury Hall went for Bruno money. There really isn't value for money in this league.

I agree. The PL market is inflated. This is because I always tell you to buy abroad and not listen Howe. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Had a listen to some of that Douglas podcast (posted by @Whitley mag) on my way back from the gym.

Nothing ground breaking. Basically says if we sign Guehi, without sales (and based on Maguire's calculations), there would be £20 million to £30 millon left in the budget.

Goes on to say we had serious interest in Botman in January.

As we know, also says the club are giving nothing away and all the noise on Guehi is coming from Palace end.

so in theory we could sign Guehi & muster up £20m in sales (from a mix of Dubravka, Fraser, trippier, Targett & Almiron? ) we would have potentially £50m for a winger 

doesn’t sound too bad? Let’s gets these players shifted out 

Just now, gdm said:

so in theory we could sign Guehi & muster up £20m in sales (from a mix of Dubravka, Fraser, trippier, Targett & Almiron? ) we would have potentially £50m for a winger 

Doesn’t sound too bad, the only issue is mustering up the extra 20 million.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Doesn’t sound too bad, the only issue is mustering up the extra 20 million.

Yeah this has been the issue all window it would appear. Surely we can shift a couple out the door I mean Fraser aside the 4 other players I listed aren’t terrible and should have at least some interest in them. Tho talks of the Greek keeper going on loan suggests Dubravka is staying. 

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Villa are our real rivals I think. They looked really good the other day and when they broight subs on they were still as good.

Emery is a top manager, we have to hope that europe tires them...

Villa have CL and this drains many energies. Your rival for top 4 spots are Liverpool and Chelsea. I see City, Arsenal and Man Utd in the first 3 places. You, Liverpool and Chelsea for 4 and 5 place. 

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

Villa have CL and this drains many energies. Your rival for top 4 spots are Liverpool and Chelsea. I see City, Arsenal and Man Utd in the first 3 places. You, Liverpool and Chelsea for 4 and 5 place. 

People ignore Villa played far more games in Europe than Newcastle last season. Yes it was a Lower competition and could player a weaker team but they made the semi finals and by the knock out stages the played 6 games with a more full strength side and managed to finish 4th. Yes it’s a tall ask to do it but it’s not impossible 

29 minutes ago, gdm said:

I really want to keep Trippier. He was our first signing out of the dark ages, he's still a very good England international, a leader and good role model for the younger lads. It's not entirely sentimentality though, Targett I hoped would be great for us and I love Miggy just for his effort and smiles but understand they'd have to leave for us to move on. 

Dubravka cost us a fair few points last season and whilst Frazer seemed to be the one leaking how shit bruce was Eddie doesn't trust him and he has to go. Plus all this wanting paid off to play for Southampton, he can fuck right off.

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

People ignore Villa played far more games in Europe than Newcastle last season. Yes it was a Lower competition and could player a weaker team but they made the semi finals and by the knock out stages the played 6 games with a more full strength side and managed to finish 4th. Yes it’s a tall ask to do it but it’s not impossible 

Yes, Europe had an outsized impact on Newcastle last year as a) it was the first year of it but also b) the draw was horrific, 6 tough, intense games including two teams that reached the semifinals.

Villa have done it before and are very likely to get an easier draw, they could hardly get a worse one, and may get 2 games against someone rubbish that they can play a second string for. It will have an impact on them but I don’t think it’ll be comparable 

3 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Yes, Europe had an outsized impact on Newcastle last year as a) it was the first year of it but also b) the draw was horrific, 6 tough, intense games including two teams that reached the semifinals.

Villa have done it before and are very likely to get an easier draw, they could hardly get a worse one, and may get 2 games against someone rubbish that they can play a second string for. It will have an impact on them but I don’t think it’ll be comparable 

They will play 8 games and apparently the “Swiss” format makes it less easy to play reserves like the EL or ECL does.

26 minutes ago, gdm said:

They did, but if you look at their form for when the competition got competitive it pretty much fell off a cliff. They got top 4 more for their form before that.