NUFC Transfer Rumours

15 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Mitchell is rapidly descending into buffoonery. Are we sure he isnt a Cartel plant?

Honestly man, just log off and come back after the window’s closed

18 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Mitchell is rapidly descending into buffoonery. Are we sure he isnt a Cartel plant?

I wouldn’t want his job. He has a very strict budget thanks to PSR he could quite easily go fuckin and pay what Palace want for Guehi and that leaves us nothing for a winger and he isn’t helped by the fact our deadwood is shite and no one wants them. Sadly if Tosin signed on a free for us instead of Chelsea I’d imagine our window would have looked so much different and pretty much be sorted by now 

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

I find it amazing how we seemingly happily deal in Prem market, but never entertain championship market. Rogers, Semenyo couple of recent buys from there. Rowe will look a bargain in 12 months, and Whittaker when he moves will too, and so many more. Yet we seemingly not interested. 

Would bite your hand off to recruit from a league in continental europe. Feels we recruit from a pool of about 25 players - young, english, Premier League, and looking to move. Just not gonna work under PSR long term.

There is a very limited number of Halls and Tinos under those transfer parameters.

So looks like we have about 60m to spend. Not enough to cover a defender and a right winger.

I think maybe Gordon gets sold early this week. 90m or there abouts. Arise Sir Harvey.

We then splurge on 3 players. A GK (Trafford), a CB (who knows) and a right winger/forward.

Tripps will stay unless he’s part of a deal for a defender. It was obvious yesterday that he’s still very much needed.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

So looks like we have about 60m to spend. Not enough to cover a defender and a right winger.

I think maybe Gordon gets sold early this week. 90m or there abouts. Arise Sir Harvey.

We then splurge on 3 players. A GK (Trafford), a CB (who knows) and a right winger/forward.

Tripps will stay unless he’s part of a deal for a defender. It was obvious yesterday that he’s still very much needed.

Doubt any of that happens other than we may get a CB.

Seems a bit of a rough deal for Mitchell being brought in for recruitment and then having little to spend.

His skill was supposed to be in unearthing hidden talent, which is great long term and perfect for us. A few of these youngsters we've brought in could be very exciting, in time.

It's just that for the here and now, there's also pressure to get back into Europe asap as that's our target and we have some obvious holes in the first team, as well as most of a league that see us as a threat and determined not to deal with or to unsettle us.

Ah well, let's see how it plays out. Looking forward to seeing how Tonali fits in, quite happy with our back up striker and pretty sure we'll strengthen in at least one key area.

Just now, Abacus said:

Seems a bit of a rough deal for Mitchell being brought in for recruitment and then having little to spend.

His skill was supposed to be in unearthing hidden talent, which is great long term and perfect for us. A few of these youngsters we've brought in could be very exciting, in time.

It's just that for the here and now, there's also pressure to get back into Europe asap as that's our target and we have some obvious holes in the first team, as well as most of a league that see us as a threat and determined not to deal with or to unsettle us.

Ah well, let's see how it plays out. Looking forward to seeing how Tonali fits in, quite happy with our back up striker and pretty sure we'll strengthen in at least one key area.

If we have little to spend, it’s probably best not to blow it all on a CB surely ?

I genuinely don’t think our scouting department could only come up something like “Guehi is the only option for RCB, no one else” recommendation after so many scouting works done throughout the year, so it’s either Mitchell or Howe idea that if we don’t sign Guehi we better not spend the money. Not sure we would agree with that but you can say one of them must rate Guehi that high

Edited by Zero

The claims the Trafford deal are back to me suggests Guehi might be fully off now, and that budget is being reallocated. 

GK, and one or both of CB/RW.

Im expecting either Guehi or other signings

Just now, WilliamPS said:

The claims the Trafford deal are back to me suggests Guehi might be fully off now, and that budget is being reallocated. 

Nah will be loan and pay later deal for Trafford.

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

The deal being reported for Trafford is a loan with an obligation.

2 minutes ago, Abacus said:

It’s the scouts to do the scouting in accordance to DOFs specific instructions, so no way they could find the gems within just 60 days on broad. This window won’t have those gems unless it’s from Mitchell’s own network.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If we have little to spend, it’s probably best not to blow it all on a CB surely ?

I'm not sure if that deal will happen. We are extremely light at CB, as well as at RW and it's a toss up for me as to which is more pressing.

But personally, I'd rather overspend on both a CB and a RW, and probably a keeper too, in the full knowledge that we'd have to sell one of our better players by next June at least, however unpopular that might be.

Better to be in Europe by then, so we could attract a good replacement, than to not be in and lose our better players anyway, and possibly the manager too.

If we have money to spend, which, given we've bid for Guehi we seemingly do, why the fuck haven't we made single first XI signing? 

I'm fairly astounded that we haven't improved the first XI for two windows. Needing a right winger is glaringly obvious 

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

If we have money to spend, which, given we've bid for Guehi we seemingly do, why the fuck haven't we made single first XI signing? 

I'm fairly astounded that we haven't improved the first XI for two windows. Needing a right winger is glaringly obvious 

Because we clearly have very specific targets which we are focusing on, the message has been quality over quantity so the signals have been very few first signings for this window. 

42 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Take that tinfoil off your head & go get some fresh air [emoji38]