NUFC Transfer Rumours

10 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

All you did was piss and moan when we finished 4th - so I'd say its a waste of time you following NUFC any season

Same goes for a few others who are now strutting about like peacocks. It really feels football 4chan on here now, and a few steps away from some clown posting his manifesto.

56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Hope doing a Hope.

Well for starters Howe himself said he liked Thiaw very much. He was asked about him in 1 of the pre season press conferences. So there's another option Mitchell had. Not to mention Tosin who we were after before Mitchell arrived. The club have failed to deliver all 3. It seems Eddie had more than 1 on his list so Hope can fuck off the shit stirring arsehole. 

Its the club that have failed here, not Howe.

And to add to that, those 3 are just the names we know of.

Edited by Scoot

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I'm not equating returning players to new signings but if we avoid another injury crisis then we're not 'standing still' anyway; not in the same way we were in the Anita and Remy summers. For starters, there's £52million worth of talent whose introduction to the team was basically postponed for a season. 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that everyone is on the same page behind the scenes: content to work with the brilliant team we've already built, take the PSR 'win' and splurge later when our top targets are truly attainable. 

:clap: 

Everyone listen to Yorkie ffs.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Support the team, not the regime. Or is it the other way around now. Fuck knows. Disappointed we're not getting the CB we need, still think we'll push top 5 and it'll be an enjoyable season. 

We’re just rolling the dice more I think. Without key injuries and getting the likes of Tonali and eventually Botman back I think we can have a very strong season. Lose a few key players and without using the window to strengthen it will have a very negative impact on our season. 

20 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I am genuinely more sick with how our own super fans are taking this window. 

What a lot of shite. The attitude of being relentlessly positive is more sickening than people reacting genuinely to news we’ll probably not sign anyone. It’s normal for people to want to vent and be disappointed. 

Edited by gdm

Just now, KaKa said:

45 million Euros for goodness sake.

This is a disaster for us man. Passed up on so many really good options.

My God, I agree

That was a good price man

Even 25m available for a RW or even get Trafford in

Annoying!!

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm not equating returning players to new signings but if we avoid another injury crisis then we're not 'standing still' anyway; not in the same way we were in the Anita and Remy summers. For starters, there's £52million worth of talent whose introduction to the team was basically postponed for a season. 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that everyone is on the same page behind the scenes: content to work with the brilliant team we've already built, take the PSR 'win' and splurge later when our top targets are truly attainable. 

That’s great. The club identified 2 positions that need upgraded. They have done neither. We’ve stood still in that respect 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We've just lost Willock again for what's likely to be many weeks, Miley picked up a freak injury prior to the season even starting and is still some way off returning, our two CBs remain long-term wounded, and then there's Wilson...

We're arguably already experiencing a minor injury crisis. Just takes one or two more to drop and we'll have big problems.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

We've just lost Willock again for what's likely to be many weeks, Miley picked up a freak injury prior to the season even starting and is still some way off returning, our two CBs remain long-term wounded, and then there's Wilson...

We're arguably already experiencing a minor injury crisis.

5 players out already and we’ve played 3 games 

Just now, Yorkie said:

This is it, it's the uncertainty that kills.

It could simply be that they feel there are no attainable CBs other than Guehi of the required quality, so they've decided to roll the dice. On the hand there could be a professional conflict between Howe and Mitchell. The week or two after the window will be quite telling.

1 minute ago, Pearljam10 said:

Dangerous game by Howe,  big players will leave next summer. 

Again with this shit. :lol: 

You cannot say what will happen next summer so confidently because you have absolutely no idea.

In therapy this is called cognitive distortion (of the "fortune telling" and "catastrophizing" variety) and they are irrational thoughts that are not based in reality.

Still think we might be trying to do a couple of deals that will surpise us tomorrow... Trafford, an alternative defender from somewhere, maybe even a winger, and or all of those on loans with obligation or whatever. Just because the usual journo's aint cottoned on, it could all be done under the radar.

image.thumb.png.0bdfecbaeea31ed65e289c0045a4ee4c.png

Just now, gdm said:

What a lot of shite. The attitude of being relentlessly positive is more sickening that people reacting genuinely to news we’ll probably not sign anyone. It’s normal for people to want to vent and be disappointed. 

That's all well and good and we should expect and accept a lot of disappointment for this window, but FFS some on here have been abysmal self-victimizing cynics for the whole damn summer. 

And you think being relentlessly positive is more sickening than the opposite?  Most people would probably much prefer hanging out with an optimist than a pessimistic buzzkill.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

If nothing else comes from this window other than Howe doing his job coaching and Mitchell bringing in future players unhindered, I'll count it as a win.

I suppose so? I think they do need to be working together. I have just always sensed that EH doesn't see himself as a head coach (constantly refers to himself as the manager) and those comments from Eales stuck out massively. EH will not have appreciated them at all, IMO. Whether that does mean some bad shit is going on behind the scenes, who knows. But add that to the lack of progress on the first team and it's not a great look IMO.

I'm not feeling downhearted about this season, we've got a good squad with some excellent players in some positions and a fantastic head coach. It's all a bit weird transfer wise though. 

MG will probably sign tomorrow and that will be that.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

45 million Euros for goodness sake.

This is a disaster for us man. Passed up on so many really good options.

If we were actually in for him (which I don't think was ever confirmed), maybe he didn't want to sign for us

Just because I fancy Michelle Collins and DM her on Insta to see if she wants to go on a date doesn't mean we'll end up sat in The Gunner with a pint of John Smiths each and a packet of ribbed Durex in her purse

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I would normally be a bit more receptive to the benefits of having an injury-free squad with no major additions, but our performances so far this season have been concerning. 

We needed new additions to freshen things up, even with the reintegration of Tonali.

We’ve never started a season under Howe where everything has clicked. Performances and results have often been up and down. 

I’m going to go and look at the Bournemouth seasons when I can be arsed. As I keep seeing this slow start mentioned and feels like it’s a bit early to be making a snap judgement.