* Mats Hummels
* Iker Munain
* Davy Klassen
* Dennis Praet
* Sergio Ramos
* Chopou Moting
* Serge Aurier
* Rafinha 

If it is true then Eales has put his job at major risk. Claiming he can't get stuff done because Amanda/Merdad keep getting in the way, then still not getting anything done when they're gone. Called PIF's bluff (probably to cover his own short comings) and been left exposed.

41 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Howay man. He writes for a tabloid, arguably the worst of them. His coverage is quite clearly sensationalist. 

I've been meaning to bring this up, but this conflation of newspapers front pages with their back pages is madness, they're not related. Caulkin was at the Mail and The Times before joining The Athletic and he's just one example. 

Meanwhile Louise Taylor's at The Guardian and is the biggest shit stirrer going.

Edited by Kid Icarus

12 hours ago, HayDen Traces said:

How do you know he wasnt available? We were being linked in July so its not a deadline day target.

An earlier decision to move onto other targets should have been made. Surely anyone can agree to that.

Because we tried to get him instead of paying £12.8/£20m for their reserve GK. See which one we ended up with :lol:

I’m sorry like, but if you have doubts about an article, someone from the Daily Hail doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Everything in it just ties in with idiots on Twitter coming to their own fear induced conclusions.

Parish stringing us along for the sake of it. Nah, because someone in his position would reasonably think that he could only be able to do it for a couple of bids before a club went elsewhere and he’s ultimately only wasted his own time, not to mention unsettled one of his biggest players. It’s all fans conspiracy nonsense.

The Staveley stuff, ok we don’t have a way of knowing it’s true, but do you really think Eales would go up against part owners of the club, the people who brought him in, the people who making him look good in his job by doing some of it for him and expect to come out the right side of it? Nah, he’s just using that as a possibility because the opportunity to do so has risen, amid a black hole of actual reasoning.

Comparing it to Mike Ashley’s ownership, as if that hasn’t been mentioned by idiots on Twatter who have either came out of the woodwork since the takeover, or are notoriously overreaching in their reactions to everything from results, and performances.

Much like the front pages of the newspaper he works for sings to the tune of social media morons to feed their hate, and their fears, Hope has done exactly the same there for the back pages. A whole lot of conjuncture and myths assembled to enrage, and cause disruption, all in the hope that people buy the paper that would be better used as Andrex, or gather a few clicks to their websites.

Edited by Stifler

Losing Staveley and Mehdrad is a big blow, no two ways about it. 

Eales has to step up now. We’ve got a tidy starting 11, this is a big season. We have to qualify for Europe or next summer could get a bit messy.

10 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m sorry like, but if you have doubts about an article, someone from the Daily Hail doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Everything in it just ties in with idiots on Twitter coming to their own fear induced conclusions.

Parish stringing us along for the sake of it. Nah, because someone in his position would reasonably think that he could only be able to do it for a couple of bids before a club went elsewhere and he’s ultimately only wasted his own time, not to mention unsettled one of his biggest players. It’s all fans conspiracy nonsense.

The Staveley stuff, ok we don’t have a way of knowing it’s true, but do you really think Eales would go up against part owners of the club, the people who brought him in, the people who making him look good in his job by doing some of it for him and expect to come out the right side of it? Nah, he’s just using that as a possibility because the opportunity to do so has risen, amid a black hole of actual reasoning.

Comparing it to Mike Ashley’s ownership, as if that hasn’t been mentioned by idiots on Twatter who have either came out of the woodwork since the takeover, or are notoriously overreaching in their reactions to everything from results, and performances.

Much like the front pages of the newspaper he works for sings to the tune of social media morons to feed their hate, and their fears, Hope has done exactly the same there for the back pages. A whole lot of conjuncture and myths assembled to enrage, and cause disruption, all in the hope that people buy the paper that would be better used as Andrex, or gather a few clicks to their websites.

👏👏👏

28 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

*Still free agents*:
* Adrien Rabiot
* Joel Matip
* Memphis Depay
* Anthony Martial
* Wissam Ben Yedir
* Willian
* Mario Hermoso
* Andre Gomes
* Mats Hummels
* Iker Munain
* Davy Klassen
* Dennis Praet
* Sergio Ramos
* Chopou Moting
* Serge Aurier
* Rafinha 

Would take Rabiot Matip Depay Martial Hermoso Hummels 

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Way more than Hope, Stiffy. Hope, Caulkin, Waugh, Edwards and their claimed multiple sources in the club all saying the same thing 

The same journalists who are now preaching doom were also telling us that they were convinced the Guehi signing was happening.

It's up to you whether you believe these cunts or not, but don't cherry pick their stories when it suits what you agree with.

If you want a balanced view, don't look at journalists. :lol:

1 hour ago, christ said:

It’s his job to report on the club. Doubt he’s fabricating all of these stories from nothing. He’s not obligated to protect the reputation of NUFC.

… on a bike. It is how he chooses to do it. The focus taken, which gets people’s backs up. Maybe it gets him more clicks/a bigger profile. Doubt it personally.
People used to justify the appalling  level of journalism and valueless rumour mongering and scapegoating in the British tabloids of old by highlighting their impressive sales. Point is though they all contributed to a lowest common denominator cesspit of disgusting slights and subnormal reasoning.  If they had more integrity and actually just, preferably entertainingly, reported news they would have likely sold as many and diminished themselves and the nation less in the process.

Same applies to modern day online hacks. They choose to take an angle, or just can’t help their true self leaking out in the focus they take. Wish they’d try harder/do better. 

20 minutes ago, STM said:

The same journalists who are now preaching doom were also telling us that they were convinced the Guehi signing was happening.

It's up to you whether you believe these cunts or not, but don't cherry pick their stories when it suits what you agree with.

They're not contradictory.

If their sources are in the club then those sources are in a much better position to speak about the goings-on inside the club than they are to speak about a transfer happening when two clubs are involved. Every single source, including on here, seems to have been working solely on the basis of Newcastle's confidence and Guehi’s willingness to come.

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

… on a bike. It is how he chooses to do it. The focus taken, which gets people’s backs up. Maybe it gets him more clicks/a bigger profile. Doubt it personally.
People used to justify the appalling  level of journalism and valueless rumour mongering and scapegoating in the British tabloids of old by highlighting their impressive sales. Point is though they all contributed to a lowest common denominator cesspit of disgusting slights and subnormal reasoning.  If they had more integrity and actually just, preferably entertainingly, reported news they would have likely sold as many and diminished themselves and the nation less in the process.

Same applies to modern day online hacks. They choose to take an angle, or just can’t help their true self leaking out in the focus they take. Wish they’d try harder/do better. 

I too have got a A-level in Media Studies.

I am no fan of British journalism - pop on over to the UK politics thread and find virtually any post I’ve made - but I can’t find anything wrong with Hope’s article.

We need to stop being so precious about stuff like this.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

They're not contradictory.

If their sources are in the club then those sources are in a much better position to speak about the goings-on inside the club than they are to speak about a transfer happening when two clubs are involved. Every single source, including on here, seems to have been working solely on the basis of Newcastle's confidence and Guehi’s willingness to come.

I can show you reports from the same journalists who 6 months ago had no clue about our PSR danger (points deductions), told us we'd be spending 80m+ (Hope) and told us we are after (likely to sign) various players, which didn't arrive.

I actually agree. It appears that we did wrongly put our eggs in one basket re Guehi and we failed and we should be rightly criticised. I'm not just prepared to jump on board with a bunch of journalist who have been wrong, then wrong, then wrong a couple more times.

You made a point about Howe being a liar in press conferences (which he undoubtedly does) but yesterday's press conference looked genuine to me. He played no politics with it like he did in germany, basically admitted that it was a failure (he could have played a Pardew and thrown a load of bullshit) and seemed genuinely in good spirits about the season.

Let's just hope that whatever mistakes that were made, they've learned from them going into the next window. There's an arguement to be made that having our "powder dry" for January could give us momentum after new year but I won't be foolish enough to try and create optimism around that given what's just happened. :lol:

A poor window doesn't have to be a poor season, as disappointing as it may be.:thup:

@Shadow Puppets appreciate your updates around here, and by all accounts you think Craig Hope is a lying tool. 

But with the recent Hope article is there even a sembling of truth amongst any of that?  With the knowledge that you might have?

It certainly has seemed to be a chaotic period of time for us, especially with the backroom movements, and our minority owners selling up very shortly after the Minteh and Anderson trade.  So just curious to know if you have heard anything on the contrary?

1 hour ago, STM said:

Mark Douglas is about as balanced as they get to be fair, I’ve always liked him the most. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Way more than Hope, Stiffy. Hope, Caulkin, Waugh, Edwards and their claimed multiple sources in the club all saying the same thing 

Sorry like, but if I had an issue with my boss at work who was a part owner, not a chance I’d be waging a war against them, because ultimately I would reasonably expect me to be out of a job.