NUFC Transfer Rumours

Tino was a needed signing. Future long term RB, where we only had one in Trippier and on his last legs. 

Low wages that can grow, young profile where money can be brought back. 

Our issue hasn’t been the signings made, it’s the players not sold.

50 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

For 30m pound, we need whoever it is to perform. Tino's price tag suggests that we thought he could step in immediately and make an impact. If he were 20m pound cheaper that's a different story.

All Tino's price tag suggested was that we thought it was a good deal for a young dude with a ton of potential.

He's 21, and one of, if not the most exciting young full back breaking into the national team. 30m is peanuts.

The only issue is our lack of spending power else where. That's something that club can only deal with in the long term.

3 hours ago, Upthemags said:

For 30m pound, we need whoever it is to perform. Tino's price tag suggests that we thought he could step in immediately and make an impact. If he were 20m pound cheaper that's a different story.

30m is like the going rate for any human footballer with legs, if they've played in the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Seriously, what the fuck were we playing at this summer. We've fucked ourselves so badly.

To be frank I don't think Guehi even helps much, squad building has been off unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Seriously, what the fuck were we playing at this summer. We've fucked ourselves so badly.

Plus the summer before. £130m on Tino, Tonali and Barnes doesn't look so clever now. 

Mitchell is right. The whole recruitment approach needs improving. With less emphasis on 'must have PL experience'.

6 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Plus the summer before. £130m on Tino, Tonali and Barnes doesn't look so clever now. 

Mitchell is right. The whole recruitment approach needs improving. With less emphasis on 'must have PL experience'.

Completely. I get why howe was annoyed at that comment but staverley and howe did very well for first few windows but it was clearly mad work load and it diminished a bit and ashworth wasn't able to get howe to step back enough. Can't afford another window like summer. Even with psr plenty of clubs have spent less money than we bid for guehi on bunch of players. It's absolutely hamstrung us. I'm not saying howes to blame really think was collective fuck up but could cost howe his job if we don't improve. 

This is going to sound really basic, but we need more running power, and strength in the team. 

Most teams have a good group starting that have both, I'd say the majority of starting 11 each week has 1 or the other. The season we finished 4th we had a few other in the squad that had it, but now it seems to have completely gone, bar Joelinton and maybe Willock and Tonali. 

53 minutes ago, M1tche said:

This is going to sound really basic, but we need more running power, and strength in the team. 

Most teams have a good group starting that have both, I'd say the majority of starting 11 each week has 1 or the other. The season we finished 4th we had a few other in the squad that had it, but now it seems to have completely gone, bar Joelinton and maybe Willock and Tonali. 

I’d argue we have plenty of running power (Big Joe, Tonali, Isak when fit, Gordon, Willock when fit etc.) We need more technical players who are comfortable on the ball and are ‘press resistant’, especially in midfield.

Yep, been making this point for a while but there's only so far we can go by being able to outrun other teams and it's starting to show now.

We need better footballers who can do more than just run for 90 mins. We're crying out for someone who can put their foot on the ball and create in the final third

I don't think the issue is the ability of our players at all. We've simply got nobody in the same postcode as Isak (like what Anderson did on Friday night). The frustration is how we also seemingly have a massive gap at the other end of the pitch too, leaving mavericks like Palmer to just wander around with nobody anywhere near him.