NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Player valuations nowadays make squad building such a challenge. It’s a miracle we’ve achieved what we have so far given FFP. 

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'd have zero issues with this if FFP wasn't a thing

The problem with FFP is that it doesn't seemingly move with the times. Valuations and wages are way up yet the FFP limits remain the same. I suppose you could argue that commercial revenue can increase (suspect TV does) but I bet its not in line.

Unless FFP limits have been reviewed/increaded in which case ignore my garbage 

6 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

The problem with FFP is that it doesn't seemingly move with the times. Valuations and wages are way up yet the FFP limits remain the same. I suppose you could argue that commercial revenue can increase (suspect TV does) but I bet its not in line.

Unless FFP limits have been reviewed/increaded in which case ignore my garbage 

FFP has many issues and all of them are by design. 

6 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Hopefully we see some movement out soon as well to help FFP

Looking forward to seeing 4 or 5 fringe players go freeing up about 20k in wages and bringing in £3.25 million.

2 hours ago, Toon88 said:

I don’t believe any source or rumour. Club is running on a much more professional level now, and has given the cold shoulder to all journos. Tonali & Livramento…..nobody had a clue. I’d expect the same on our next target. It will be a new name as of yet not mentioned.

Agree.

Announce 'Dan Ashworth's smokescreen' for thread title

39 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Closest I could find, other than the first whole page of Google featuring (Gary) Neville (is a) cunt

Screenshot_20230706_100542_com.facebook.katana.jpg

bet there are plenty of Mike Hunts around though to slot in the joke.

I went to school with one in Hexham, funnily enough him coming to school wanting to be called Mike and not Michael lasted all of one day 😂

1 hour ago, Toonjam88 said:

I think he is one of those players they would go for if he became available even if it isn’t a position that’s massively important. For me I think he was a possible next year player on our list. But as we have seen with Isak if it’s there to be done they will do it. 

Not sure we will be able to do it this window, but we definitely seem to prefer spending our money on long term targets over short term needs. If we can't get the right wide man in, I could easily see us spending on another midfielder instead if the right one became available.

Just now, Ankles Bennett said:

Yeh but we need them in time for pre-season training to gel with the team!

In an ideal world, but it isn't essential. Still you'd have thought they'll be aiming to have most of their business done by the time we visit the US at the end of the month.

Guest reefatoon
13 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Yeh but we need them in time for pre-season training to gel with the team!

Teams never do all their deals early, it just doesn’t happen, but people say this every summer. Loads of time yet and they will be fine integrating with the team, just like they are every other season.

Edited by reefatoon

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Daily mail reporting it would take around 35 million to get Barnes.

Seems a spot on valuation. He'd be a solid, no risk signing. More reliable than ASM but less exciting.

As for Bonucci..  yes fucking please. Couldn't care less what age he is. Its one for the romantics.