NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Must of passed everyone, the fact Bonucci is retiring in June 2024. Big announcement by all made about it a while back. Just a lazy journo story because we’ve got Tonali. Awful.

Got to be one of the worst links I’ve seen. Move on.

Oh it's undoubtedly horseshit.

Bonucci as cover for a year before we go big on Schars replacement next year. I have no idea if he can even walk anymore, like. :lol:

I think Milner is done at the top level personally. Midfield isn't an area of the pitch where you can carry players. Personally I would be disappointed if we had lost out to Szoboslai to Liverpool, then took the guy he was replacing in their team.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Milner is levels above those two though. 

I think all of them don’t contribute much at this point tbh. Not sure where Milner would fit in to our midfield given the quality we have now too. 

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think Milner is done at the top level personally. Midfield isn't an area of the pitch where you can carry players. Personally I would be disappointed if we had lost out to Szoboslai to Liverpool, then took the guy he was replacing in their team.

Aye. Been running full tilt for 20 years and the last 2 years it's really caught up. Would have been Geremi 2.0.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Teams never do all their deals early, it just doesn’t happen, but people say this every summer. Loads of time yet and they will be fine integrating with the team, just like they are every other season.

I mean.... Arsenal have done at least 80% of their incoming business already. They did the same last year.  Liverpool similar. 

Finishing CL was a surprise for us. And we have sticky FFP issues short and long-term. So it's understandable that our transfers take a little longer. But make no question about it; it's not intentional in a positive way.

Can’t get my head around buying Gordon for £40m, potentially selling ASM then to bringing in Harvey Barnes. Seems like a backwards step. 

Give ASM another season as Gordon as understudy. We have Joelinton that’s arguably been better than both of them in that LW position too then use the money on someone top quality to play RW. 

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

bet there are plenty of Mike Hunts around though to slot in the joke.

I went to school with one in Hexham, funnily enough him coming to school wanting to be called Mike and not Michael lasted all of one day 😂

We can probably get away with spending a lot this window but that will have a knock on in future windows, the issue for the club is that despite fans being told that the level of spending in recent windows is unsustainable some still expect it as the new normal.

There is also a resistance from some in selling players who have been here for a number of years who hold value to free us up for FFP.

You can’t have your cake and eat it every window. Something has to give.

Im confident we will sign another quality player or two that will improve the first team, unless we unload one of ASM, Almiron or Wilson and then we will possibly sign another on top.

27 minutes ago, kocunar said:

I'm currently on a quest to find out how much we can spend. Will post detailed results when I'm done.

Dont bother its already been done.

This season FFP Limits us to about £100m plus player sales