NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

This is what he posted on June 22nd

There was one where an NUFC fan tweeted him and asked him for any Newcastle related news, and he replied with something like (and I'm paraphrasing) "Keep an eye on Chiesa", possibly with the wink emoji at the end. I can't say for sure but i think the deal is basically done

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

There was one where an NUFC fan tweeted him and asked him for any Newcastle related news, and he replied with something like (and I'm paraphrasing) "Keep an eye on Chiesa", possibly with the wink emoji at the end. I can't say for sure but i think the deal is basically done

Not sure about done, but he really seems to be the one we want.

Chiesa deal could be similar to Isak - we push ahead with the deal while others are hesitating (with Isak it was his relatively poor 21/22 season, Chiesa his post-injury form). It's our best chance of bringing in elite talents at this stage in our development.

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Haven’t watched much Serie A in recent years but saw him for Italy. Why would Juve sell?

No Champions League and think they might have some financial issues

Tbf he’s only started a handful of games since he came back in November, albeit a lot of sub appearances. So perhaps difficult to judge whether he’s struggled for form.

Did score and was MotM in the last game of the season though.

Wouldn't worry about injury concerns if we sign him. Rest assured our recruitment team will have done all the relevant checks we're actually a professional outfit nowadays.

Would bloody love Chiesa here. Anyone would take a year to get back up to speed after an ACL. Worst injury you can have in football in my book. 

My girlfriend's Italian and she might actually be finally interested in watching Newcastle play if we have two Italian players! She loves Chiesa too. I just remember him when he played for Italy in the Euros and his pressing was relentless. If he can get that back, he'd be world-class. 

Chiesa looked absolutely unplayable at times during the Euros. Bit of a gamble considering his recent injury but if he can back to anything approaching that level then fuck me what a player.

1 minute ago, christ said:

Chiesa looked absolutely unplayable at times during the Euros. Bit of a gamble considering his recent injury but if he can back to anything approaching that level then fuck me what a player.

He would have zero problems settling in too as he speaks the lingo 

2 goals in last 21 games. Having said that, he’s still recovering, and that’s why we have a chance, and others might be hesitant.

There’s Barnes, Lundstrom, Diaby, Spertysan……..

and then there’s f***ing Federico Chiesa!!!!

Now that’s what we should be targetting. Elite level, that is not just a small upgrade on what we already have. Yes, the injury was bad, but the potential & ceiling of Chiesa is levels above the rest. 

Must try and get this done. 

Edited by Toon88

5 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

2 goals in last 21 games. Having said that, he’s still recovering, and that’s why we have a chance, and others might be hesitant.

There’s Barnes, Lundstrom, Diaby, Spertysan……..

and then there’s f***ing Federico Chiesa!!!!

Now that’s what we should be targetting. Elite level, that is not just a small upgrade on what we already have. Yes, the injury was bad, but the potential & ceiling of Chiesa is levels above the rest. 

Must try and get this done. 

How long ago was his injury?