NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's almost like you can't judge the transfer window until after it's closed.

You’d think. 

But then some folk have been judging Tonali as not sharp enough on under 90 mins of preseason football in our colours 

38 minutes ago, SteV said:

Well not really, cos it just means the full cost of their wages would go against FFP for this year (the payoff), rather than being spread across the time they were here.

We did that last year by accruing their costs as onerous contracts. If we manage to get them off the books before the end of their contract then the accrual will reverse so we’d see an in year benefit to net off the accrual.

Edited by NSG

1 minute ago, NSG said:

We did that last year by accruing their costs as onerous contracts. If we manage to get them off the books before the end of their contract then the accrual will reverse so we’d see an in year benefit to nee off the accrual.

Did we?

For all of them?

Aye, @toontownman. I always had us getting four players this summer for the reasons you've outlined. I just thought they'd be a left-back, two midfielders, and a winger.

I've got our squads looking like this, currently, pending Livramento coming in. You'd imagine Manquillo is off, so that's pretty much just a straight swap in the CL squad, and as you say he doesn't impact the PL squad due to his age:

image.thumb.png.29f8e02db13bb57bbb9d9060d38b560f.png

Think Gillespie is guaranteed not to be registered for the CL if the other three keepers all stay fit, with the other place being between Krafth and Ritchie due to Dummett's status as "trained at club".

If we do manage to sign a centre-back as well, Krafth and Ritchie might both miss out. Again, unless there are other long-term injuries to worry about.

(Green = trained at club, yellow = trained in nation, red = non-home-grown for CL)

I still can't get away from us looking a bit light on the wings quality-wise and I'm still not convinced about the left-back slot, but in Eddie we trust and all that.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Seems Lewis Hall is off to Palace on loan.

Probably a good move for all involved. Chelsea get to develop a player for themselves or slap an extra £25m on him. Palace get a player they otherwise wouldn’t have a chance to. Chelsea don’t strengthen any rivals. Despise Chelsea who have done more to fuck football than any other club I can think of, and faced no repercussions 

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Don't understand why we don't just pay up the contracts and release them? Gets the wages of the books which helps with FFP.

By paying up the contracts you would still be paying the wages that they're owed still. So no benefit at all might aswell send out on loan or give them away so no fee is involved but they can pay the wages. 

36 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Probably a good move for all involved. Chelsea get to develop a player for themselves or slap an extra £25m on him. Palace get a player they otherwise wouldn’t have a chance to. Chelsea don’t strengthen any rivals. Despise Chelsea who have done more to fuck football than any other club I can think of, and faced no repercussions 

Does it not stop their development of Tyrick Mitchell though? Which given Palace seem to be a club that develop then sell young players, seems counter productive to their own aims.

2 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Does it not stop their development of Tyrick Mitchell though? Which given Palace seem to be a club that develop then sell young players, seems counter productive to their own aims.

Hall can play a variety of positions. 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Same, I'm really warming to the idea too.

He's got big 'jock in a teen movie' vibes to him and I'm all for that. He seems to profile similar to Schar - maybe a touch quicker. The trick will be whether he can use his technique and passing to be as creative as Schar. 

24 minutes ago, Viana said:

He's got big 'jock in a teen movie' vibes to him and I'm all for that. He seems to profile similar to Schar - maybe a touch quicker. The trick will be whether he can use his technique and passing to be as creative as Schar. 

On the ball he's very similar to Schar, but his awareness and intelligence in duels is more like Botman.

If we want a player who can immediately come in to offer a similar skill set to Schar he's ideal.

Edited by The Prophet

2 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

The Kossounou guy seems more like the type we'd be after. Especially if they are willing to loan him out initially with the payment deferred till next summer.

55 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The Kossounou guy seems more like the type we'd be after. Especially if they are willing to loan him out initially with the payment deferred till next summer.

How often have we used loan with option to buy? Can only think of Atsu, Dubravka and Targett the last 6 years. We signed Willock but don't think that had an option, we just went and signed him.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How often have we used loan with option to buy? Can only think of Atsu, Dubravka and Targett the last 6 years. We signed Willock but don't think that had an option, we just went and signed him.

Kenedy? Though not sure if that was an option or more like with Willock.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The reason I mentioned that is because there was that tweet saying loans are something we are looking at the rest of the window, and even from the beginning of the summer that was being mentioned.

Think it allows us to defer payment for a year which probably gives us some more wiggle room financially.

45 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

image.jpeg.4aed46621fbd0d760439ed3426e8425e.jpeg