NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

That’s true, I suspect we aren’t fibbing about FFP this time and getting hall will be beyond us. 

doing business with clubs in this league is a nightmare. 

Even if we had the money, I just can’t see Chelsea selling him to us.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Even if we had the money, I just can’t see Chelsea selling him to us.

That’s another factor as well, I reckon they would be for a daft fee. 50m +. 

One of the biggest issues is Chelsea’s warped sense of player values as we’ve seen with Gallagher, we laugh about the fact fees they both pay and demand but the knock on effects are real. 

Hall would be an interesting one tactically given he's very much an attacking full back. If we persist with the three at the back in possession, we'll require him and Trippier to alternate dropping in or one of the midfielders to do do the same.

I wonder if we've earmarked any of the youngsters we've bought recently for the senior squad the first half of the season. I think we've brought in a couple of 18/19 year olds who you'd think could be on the cusp of seeing even a bit of first team squad action if the conditions were right.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

What makes you think that?

If they thought that highly of him already they'd at least be keeping him as a backup. 

I think he's a big talent but hasn't played a ton and so it's hard to justify that sort of fee.

The other kid they have that was at Burnley playing left back is the one in that £50 million range, as he looked a class above last year for Kompany and he can also play left and right wing.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

If they thought that highly of him already they'd at least be keeping him as a backup. 

I think he's a big talent but hasn't played a ton and so it's hard to justify that sort of fee.

The other kid they have that was at Burnley playing left back is the one in that £50 million range, as he looked a class above last year for Kompany and he can also play left and right wing.

Maatsen is 21, Hall is 18, and like you say, Maatsen went on loan last year for playing time (and it’s now rumoured they want to do the same for Hall this year)- it’s be daft to think Hall would be over him in development terms at the moment. Hall hasn’t played a ton as he’s had senior internationals in his way, yet still managed to get 11 appearances last year. 

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Maatsen's 3 year older.

I don't understand what that has to do with what I said.

Maatsen is more proven, has shown a greater skill set and has only just turned 21 this year.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He won the academy player of the year and he’s only 18 and has already broken into the first team. 

I think they view him as a massive talent and from everything I’ve read they don’t particularly want to sell him. 

I of course hope I’m wrong and would love us to get him on the cheap but I just don’t see it. 

Just now, Manxst said:

Maatsen is 21, Hall is 18, and like you say, Maatsen went on loan last year for playing time (and it’s now rumoured they want to do the same for Hall this year)- it’s be daft to think Hall would be over him in development terms at the moment. Hall hasn’t played a ton as he’s had senior internationals in his way, yet still managed to get 11 appearances last year. 

It has nothing to do with Hall being ahead of him or not.

Asking £50 million for Hall based on last season's 11 games just isn't happening. Maatsen has done and shown much more. Hall might have done just as well too, but he wasn't in the position to do so.

£50 million is close to what we paid for Tonali. If they ask that for Hall then they're basically not interested in selling.

Just now, KaKa said:

Asking £50 million for Hall based on last season's 11 games just isn't happening. Maatsen has done and shown much more. Hall might have done just as well too, but he wasn't in the position to do so.

£50 million is close to what we paid for Tonali. If they ask that for Hall then they're basically not interested in selling.

Kaka my friend, they can ask for whatever they like, you know like how Brighton asked for 115m for Caicedo? It’s kinda how this works. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Maatsen has shown “much more” purely because he’s three years older and had more opportunity to. You’re comparing them as if  Hall was loaned out at 15.