NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Like the Livaremento deal this one is a bit left field but when you take a step back and look at our recruitment it's really going to pay dividends in the years to come and they've done a great job of lowering the average age of the side.

Every position now has a long term option for at least the next 5 years with the exception of RW, RCB and maybe GK. We've 6 first team midfielders and the oldest is 27. We've also a smattering of some very talented youngsters.

All this in a little over a year and a half and starting from a baseline of 20th in the table.

Now watch out for title contenders talk if they beat City this Saturday.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Reading between the lines, it sounds like we sounded out RCBs before LBs, but were priced out of the market.

No other club willing to do the loan-to-buy, maybe?

The best transfer window I have ever seen. 6/10

It's been a very good window overall like. 10/10 for effort, professionalism, execution, and potential.

The only negatives are ASM leaving - I think that unpredictability will at certain times be missed - that the signings overall aside from Barnes aren't dead certs in terms of what level they'll reach, and the lack of quality cover at RCB. Overall a very solid 7.5/10 that has the potential to be a 10/10 in hindsight.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Rich said:

No other club willing to do the loan-to-buy, maybe?

Aye, I mean they are deals other clubs really don’t want to do, who wouldn’t want the money today instead of in a years time?

I think Lewis hall is such an opportunistic move from us, are utter vultures. 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’m so high on Lewis Miley that it feels like we’ve ended up with five “new signings”, not just four. Was sure we’d need to buy two central players this summer.

Hall is very good in a central role as well, so some decent cover now.

Just feels a really solid window. Tonali and Barnes will hopefully strengthen both the starting line up and squad immediately. Hall and Tino are just great longer term players and ones who are capable of coming in and making a real splash.

I actually think Gordon feels like a new signing because of the bedding in period it takes.

18 hours ago, Viana said:

Feels a tad harsh that. 

We've added a game-changing midfielder, a goal-scoring winger, and are close to having future-proofed our fullbacks with young English defenders, both of whom are quite versatile. I have to see that as a nine. Case to be made we need to upgrade centre back, but I don't hate the idea of adding Burn to that pool of players while we let the money lazer recharge. 

I went in to the window thinking we needed a LB, CM, RW and a young back up RCB, if we sign Hall then we would have signed half of the positions I thought we should have filled with one of them being a younger player who isn’t going to improve the first team straight away.

We have added Barnes who I am happy with and is an improvement on ASM but I don’t think it was a priority position, same goes for Livramento who is potentially a very good signing but like Hall isn’t going to improve the first team straight away.

So only two players that improve the starting eleven, which is why I have given the window a 7.5 if Hall signs.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

I went in to the window thinking we needed a LB, CM, RW and a young back up RCB, if we sign Hall then we would have signed half of the positions I thought we should have filled with one of them being a younger player who isn’t going to improve the first team straight away.

We have added Barnes who I am happy with and is an improvement on ASM but I don’t think it was a priority position, same goes for Livramento who is potentially a very good signing but like Hall isn’t going to improve the first team straight away.

So only two players that improve the starting eleven, which is why I have given the window a 7.5 if Hall signs.

Hard man to please aren’t ya. 

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

Was he? Haven't we spent around £140m net?

IMG_5105.thumb.jpeg.952f669ed674e7fb14813632f7ea712a.jpeg

Works out about £93 million net, not including any loan fee for Hall.

Hope said the budget was £75 million along with Several sources have confirmed that is the figure they are working towards and, because of Financial Fair Play, the only way to push it closer to £100m would be to sell a player now or bank on doing so next summer.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_5105.thumb.jpeg.952f669ed674e7fb14813632f7ea712a.jpeg

Works out about £93 million net, not including any loan fee for Hall.

Hope said the budget was £75 million along with Several sources have confirmed that is the figure they are working towards and, because of Financial Fair Play, the only way to push it closer to £100m would be to sell a player now or bank on doing so next summer.

So he was wrong with his 75 million comment then ?