NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

22 minutes ago, Nine said:

Paid too much for a 22 yo Gordon?? How can you judge that already [emoji38]

No telling what he can do and he has improved, but he didn't look worth £45m while at Everton or with NUFC last year, and I thought ASM would fetch £30m at least. We bought Barnes for £6m cheaper and he at least scored a lot for Leicester. 

2 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

No telling what he can do and he has improved, but he didn't look worth £45m while at Everton or with NUFC last year, and I thought ASM would fetch £30m at least. We bought Barnes for £6m cheaper and he at least scored a lot for Leicester. 

‘I thought ASM would fetch £30m at least’.  I mean, there’s your problem.  He didn’t. 

6 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

We'd have not got Gordon for the same price this summer after the tournament he just had. 

Agree. Like I said, he's look much improved and could turn out to be a bargain. I'm not ready to give a perfect 10 score for the transfer yet. Barnes looks like a steal. We needed some goals from the left wing and he can provide that.

To be fair to Gordon, he acknowledged that he was nowhere near fit enough for a Eddie Howe team,  and seems to have worked hard to put that right.

As for judging him at age 22, plenty of clubs probably turned there nose up at lots of players who became top class as they aged. Vardy comes to mind. KDB wasn't good enough for chelsea when he was younger. Nor was Salah. Just saying.

1 hour ago, Joe1984 said:

To be fair to Gordon, he acknowledged that he was nowhere near fit enough for a Eddie Howe team,  and seems to have worked hard to put that right.

As for judging him at age 22, plenty of clubs probably turned their nose up at lots of players who became top class as they aged. Vardy comes to mind. KDB wasn't good enough for chelsea when he was younger. Nor was Salah. Just saying.

To what extent do you believe that Anthony Gordon has the skills and knowledge to perform on the wing effectively?

- Not at all

- to some extent

- very much so

- don't know

The market is clearly fucking bonkers. I don't know why all these people commenting on prices don't become football agents, clearly they could make a killing with their negotiations.

"This player should cost less please."

"Oh of course he should, there you go, wipe off ten million from the price. Oh wait... fuck off, yes, that's it."

Then it'd be all 'why didn't we get the players, we have the money, just get it done ffs'

Edited by elbee909

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Rate the window a 7. 

Still starting Burn, Miggy - not even improved in his position and no backup for Schar.  

I like all of our signings though.  

I'm curious; how would you have done that with the financial boundaries we are known to have in place?

I'm very worried about some of our fan base, this hatred fir Burn, Miggy and Gordon has to stop, this transfer window has been great, not to mention the addition of Anderson and Miley to the squad. It's years since I've looked forward to a season as much as this.

Yet we still get these muppet fans that play to much Football Manager and think every player signs and settles straight away, I imagine these were the same fans that hounded Robson out and then ran and bought the "A Knight to remember" a few years later.

Fucking clowns.

7 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Rate the window a 7. 

Still starting Burn, Miggy - not even improved in his position and no backup for Schar.  

I like all of our signings though.  

You wanted a minimum of 7 signings this window?

I reckon we have a target for every position and look to progress with each one as and when the opportunity arises.

We could have got any RW, that's the easy part but if the one you want is not available the summer or the costs quoted go North what do you do? 

Buy someone for one year as a stop gap? 

Confident the whole team will evolve in time including the positions we missed out this summer