NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not sure, I think with the service he’s given and his relationship with Howe, if he wants to go then it will be for a relatively small fee. Similar to what we saw with Shelvey in January.

We can’t afford to donate him to him, we would need a good fee so we could replace him. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

We can’t afford to donate him to him, we would need a good fee so we could replace him. 

But any CB we would want to replace him will surely be upwards of 30 million (unless loan to buy). We won’t get anywhere near that for Lascelles. I reckon max 8 million. 

If we sign another player, I will never trust Howe again.... lying git.

I just can't see Lascelles to Turkey... Luton, Burnley, Sheffield United, Everton, Palace, Wolves, perhaps.

There's also zero chance we sell him without a replacement.

If we're looking at Nico Williams and Antonio Silva as our big targets then they will have to be pushed down the line. Neither Benfica nor Athletic are cheap sellers so you're talking huge fees for both.

Edited by ponsaelius

I wonder if we keep our powder dry FFP wise til at least January or even the summer wouldn’t surprise me, see how the new players develop and hope we get no long term injuries. Gives us wiggle room when we need it that way.

I agree completely that Lascelles has been superb for the club off the pitch and a great example of character and leadership. That would be missed. On the pitch, not so much. But a fee in the range of 8-10 million would allow us to spend 2x or 3x that in FFP terms, so if his transfer were to happen, bringing in a player like Tapsoba could potentially be back on this window. Would be a big win for us.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I can only think we would have to get "fruity" with our loans etc.[emoji38]

RCB and RW are probably the last two "big money" signings we need at this stage. Would have been happy to wait a another season but if we've become creative by pushing loans now meaning we'll spend that cash next window, it's brilliant. After that we're pretty much one out, one in in terms of the squad. 

3 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I agree completely that Lascelles has been superb for the club off the pitch and a great example of character and leadership. That would be missed. On the pitch, not so much. But a fee in the range of 8-10 million would allow us to spend 2x or 3x that in FFP terms, so if his transfer were to happen, bringing in a player like Tapsoba could potentially be back on this window. Would be a big win for us.

He's not really let us down when he's had to step in though. It would be nice to upgrade him for a newer model, but the prices we have been talking about are around £40m, I just don't think we will be spending that on another defender this window.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He's not really let us down when he's had to step in though. It would be nice to upgrade him for a newer model, but the prices we have been talking about are around £40m, I just don't think we will be spending that on another defender this window.

He's not let us down, but he's also quite limited. We're trying to play with more speed and more technique from the back and he hasn't shown the ability to do that. He's a very solid traditional centre back but I suspect we want, and will need, more as we try to maintain elite status. Nothing against him personally.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not the first time Williams has been mentioned is it? Certainly seems to be a long term target.

Was being mentioned as far back as when we signed Gordon. Apparently did the Gordon deal back then because it was more possible due to his issue at the club with the fans.

Looks like Nico is the right side option we want and we will move when it is most feasible, just like how we waited for the opportunity for Isak to open up.