NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

35 minutes ago, Dokko said:

What job though? Dummett was never great, but injuries and lack of playing time means he'd be a risk even for a Championship team, and Ritchie's legs went years ago. He's a sub appearance at best. Might as well give that time to a youngster and move them on.

Both are a waste of any place for squad registration, and if we're so hamstrung by FFP, then their wages off the books would help more than any contribution they'll give us on the pitch. 100% behind them being around the club training, going into coaching, but their playing days here are over, and that should reflect with lack of a playing contract.

Must admit I was also surprised, given FFP restrictions, that we are keeping Dummett and Ritchie on playing contracts. Ritchie has generally been better than I expected on his few brief sub cameos last season, but you wouldn't want to be relying on either him or Dummett in a starting role.

Feels like Howe has got his way on this, he must really value having them around as cheerleaders, and because he's done so well as manager, no one is going to argue. But if they end up playing more than they should and cost us points, then attitudes might harden.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Yes 

No. We need longstaff as he's of age and can actually play a part. You don't HAVE to have club grown players, you just get less places. Dummett takes a space that doesn't exist as he'll never play in the CL. Might as well save the money. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

No. We need longstaff as he's of age and can actually play a part. You don't HAVE to have club grown players, you just get less places. Dummett takes a space that doesn't exist as he'll never play in the CL. Might as well save the money. 

You still can’t just say “we should have moved him on” - he’s the equivalent of a shit mattress left outside your house and thinking “someone will take it overnight, sorted”

if we lose Botman, the starting back 4 becomes:

Targett - Burn - Schar - Trippier

If we lose Botman and Schar, the starting back 4 is:

Targett - Burn - Lascelles - Trippier

if we lose Botman, Schar, Burn, Lascelles, Krafth, Dummett, and Murphy, then yes, we’re fucked. But so would be any club. Nobody’s out here rolling 3 purples deep at each CB slot.

Just now, Gawalls said:

You still can’t just say “we should have moved him on” - he’s the equivalent of a shit mattress left outside your house and thinking “someone will take it overnight, sorted”

Not at all. He was free to leave. We chose to give him an extension....twice! 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Not at all. He was free to leave. We chose to give him an extension....twice! 

Well then - I guess it’s the equivalent of the wife taking the shit stained mattress out thinking “that’s that” and the husband coming along and bringing it back in the house.

42 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Well then - I guess it’s the equivalent of the wife taking the shit stained mattress out thinking “that’s that” and the husband coming along and bringing it back in the house.

That, I can get on board with. :lol: