NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

We sue the league which is what we should have been doing from the start, since BEFORE our takeover the league has been creating rules which make the league less competitive to our detriment and we’ve just nodded along and played nice. What has that gotten us? More rules solely designed to slow our progress. 

How does not loaning players from related parties hurt any other team? :lol: 

All they've done since the takeover is bolt the doors of the well ridden paths of our predecessors already sat at the big table. So unbelievably scared of the super league they're happy to create one within the PL. There has to be anti-competition foundation at this point, the pattern of rule changes are far too obvious, even down to the technical area farce.

6 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Whatever we do, however we climb the league, however long it takes, opposition fans will always say we bought/cheated our way there no matter the circumstances. So who cares about taking the path of least resistance? Let's find every and any loophole we can to cause maximum drama and fume, couldn't care less at this point.

We should sack off FFP and just smash it in the Jan window.  City have already shown FFP is a joke - how many breaches? 200 odd and still no sanction.  Let's go for it.

Edited by duo

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

All they've done since the takeover is bolt the doors of the well ridden paths of our predecessors already sat at the big table. So unbelievably scared of the super league they're happy to create one within the PL. There has to be anti-competition foundation at this point, the pattern of rule changes are far too obvious, even down to the technical area farce.

Precisely, this is the point. You have a league which should be impartial creating rules to the detriment of one club and to the benefit of others. It’s a complete farce and totally unacceptable. We should have the same opportunity to build our club up as our competitors did. City have literal fake sponsors and it’s all good no issue. Our sponsors subject to fair market value checks? Watford games FFP and loan systems the entire time the Pozzo family owned them and not a word was said, we we’re rumoured to loan a player from Saudi and boom let’s change the rules. 

It’s very much a point of principle and we should be contesting it, as we should have from the start. Our inaction has emboldened these clubs. 

I wouldn't have particularly cared anyway as Saudi clubs' business never looked in any way planned to help us further down the line, and the Neves rumour just looked like lazy 2+2=fuck knows from 'journalists'.

But fucking hell they're a pack of bitches. :lol: The amount of dodgy goings on and connections between clubs for years yet because this one clearly threatens the hierarchy they're absolutely gagging for every rule to be put in place. The hypocrisy would be hilarious if I didn't hate these equally to already more advanced soulless clubs.

It's not even about expediting our planned progression. I want the club to get the kind of lawyers that can absolutely wreck all the restrictions already in place and being put in place just to send all other clubs in to panic and disarray.

Edited by wormy

Agree in principal that they are covering our every move....it is becoming blatant and tempting to say f them but our owners are trying to build a team without condemnation and I respect this...hopefully Dan can find players of potential like he did at Brighton without the need ....if he does our two fingers can be raised with pride

You know how you could accomplish the stated purpose of FFP (preventing clubs with crazy rich/irresponsible owners spending beyond their means) while also avoiding the side effect where it becomes an anti-competitive mechanism in favor of the big six?

...You turn FFP into a salary cap.

FFP has put an infrastructure in place that makes it relatively simple to implement a salary cap if you wanted to. You know how everyone has a different FFP ceiling based on their revenue? Everyone has the same number now. Boom. Problem solved.

Edited by oldtype

4 minutes ago, oldtype said:

You know how you could accomplish the stated purpose of FFP (preventing clubs with crazy rich/irresponsible owners spending beyond their means) while also avoiding the side effect where it becomes an anti-competitive mechanism in favor of the big six?

...You turn FFP into a salary cap.

FFP has put an infrastructure in place that makes it relatively simple to implement a salary cap if you wanted to. You know how everyone has a different FFP ceiling based on their revenue? Everyone has the same number now. Boom. Problem solved.

Salary caps are probably illegal though. Also, the problem with self regulating financially at a domestic level is essentially a death sentence in European competition. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Salary caps are probably illegal though. Also, the problem with self regulating financially at a domestic level is essentially a death sentence in European competition. 

Can't comment as to the antitrust implications, but there are ways you can configure the cap amount so that the total amount of league spending remains unchanged. 

At the beginning of the year you project out the revenue for each club, add it all up, divide it by 20. That's the cap, and in theory at least, at the end of the year the league as a whole would be spending the same amount they would be spending under FFP.

You would need slightly more aggressive revenue-sharing with smaller/newly promoted clubs so they can spend up to their cap number, but it may still be a net financial gain for the big clubs regardless because they would be "forced" to spend less on their own transfers and wages.

More and more the premier league is showing that it is not fit for purpose. The crazy thing is the smaller clubs are ensuring that they will remain small clubs. Never able to challenge the established bigger clubs as they voted the rules in. 

Let's be honest here, if we got Neves in on loan and he had a good impact on our season we'd be fking hammered for it by the press and other teams fans and rightly so. It would be blatant cheating of the current system.

Edited by Beth

53 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Ah telt yiz.  No chance the rest of the PL allows NUFC easy access to expensive players

Anti-competitive rule which would be thrown out with a legal challenge. You can't have other clubs being able to do loans, whilst stopping another club. Let's see if there is a legal challenge to this, I would be surprised if there wasn't, as it's just one step too far. 

23 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Anti-competitive rule which would be thrown out with a legal challenge. You can't have other clubs being able to do loans, whilst stopping another club. Let's see if there is a legal challenge to this, I would be surprised if there wasn't, as it's just one step too far. 

Tbf the rest of the league might argue it would be uncompetitive to allow NUFC to circumvent the rules which the others have to abide by re FFP

I’m honestly not sure the club will be arsed one iota tbh.  I doubt Howe is eager to grab an ageing mercenary to float about for six months. 

All it takes is six other clubs to vote against or abstain.

I can't see Brighton voting against their business model, or a transfer heavy team like Forest. Or teams with lots of loanees like City or Chelsea. There's four already.

12 minutes ago, Stottie said:

All it takes is six other clubs to vote against or abstain.

I can't see Brighton voting against their business model, or a transfer heavy team like Forest. Or teams with lots of loanees like City or Chelsea. There's four already.

It’s temporary, it’s sole purposes is to stop us from getting cheaper high quality reinforcements in January as having us challenge for the ECL is too much to bear for the so called big 6. 

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

So would this ban be just against us or all clubs ? 

It will be a ban against all clubs, they can’t be so blatant as to only ban us, that being said. The ban only affecting inward loans tells the entire story of the rules intent. 

I’m not entirely sure whether we were even going to loan players from Saudi, and I thought Ashworth’s comments last week were to lead people down a rabbit hole. Pushing all these rule changes makes it abundantly clear who they’re aimed at. The premier league is effectively building our legal case for us - and it wouldn’t surprise me to see us take that route. They’ll also be waiting in the wings to see how the Man City and Chelsea cases go…….

It doesn’t seem to be our style these days to have our transfer plans all over the media so I agree with most on here that the Neves link is just lazy journalism. 

I agree I don’t think we were ever interested in loaning players from the Saudi league. Phillips seems to be the most consistent name whereas the Neves rumours kicked in heavily almost the same day Tonali’s betting issue came to light - it’s an easy story to write. 

Given the ASM fee I don’t think pif are really looking to prioritise us over their league.

11 hours ago, gbandit said:

Couldn’t give a fuck, they’re just delaying the inevitable. I’d prefer us to dislodge them all while playing by the rules, will be far funnier and more satisfying. It’s hilarious watching them shit themselves

That’s a great point. What the other clubs are desperate for is for us to be strung up for breaking rules. If we progress without breaking rules it’ll really fuck them off.