NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

43 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

From the little I know about Dan Ashworth, I can say two things for certain - he is very, very good at his job and he does not speak in public unless absolutely necessary. 

Considering those two factors, I'd be really surprised if our masterplan was to bring Neves in on a cheap loan in January, only for Ashworth to torpedo those plans in November by very publicly saying "Oh well, there's nothing in the rules currently *wink wink* that stops us from loaning players from Saudi clubs"

I have no idea what sort of 4D chess is going on here, but that much I am certain about.

Agreed, Dan Asworth’s statement about loans from Saudi I believe is part of a wider strategy that has caused a good few clubs in the PL to shit themselves. The new stricter rules they want to bring in around commercial sponsorships is anti competitive and I won’t be surprised if the club now go down the legal route. Could be fun and games ahead and more essential viewing at a CAT hearing.

9 minutes ago, BShearer said:

did we miss a trick with Ward Prowse for 30m? WHU got hell of a value out of him. goals, loads of assists already, top dead ball delivery etc.

Nah, I don’t think so. He wouldn’t overly suit our style of play imo. Also not getting any younger and our average age is on the higher side already. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Phillips was genuinely class for both Leeds and England before he joined Man City. Can he really have regressed that much? 

Was talking to some Leeds fans over the weekend about that exact point. Both of them were adamant he could be 'Howed' very quickly and become an asset in no time.

Phillips being an experienced PL player who can ping the ball around short and long + his athleticism at the 6 role gives Bruno and Willock far more license to get forward. Rotate in Joelinton and Longstaff based on opposition and we’ve got far more flexibility in how we set to play. 

My instinct is that we won't look at Phillips, unless there is a really good deal to be done (which there might).

It's easy to forget how opportunistic we have been in the past; Bruno, Isak and Tonali became targets because they were available IMO. Where as Gordon, Botman, Tino and Hall feel like long term investments.

Here's hoping someone becomes available in January and we can pounce.

With Lyon being in the predicament they are.... I'd be all over that Caqueret lad who looked absolutely brilliant for France young uns. 

I have no idea if he's played or how he's played this season mind.

DM who's an absolute natural on the ball.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

With Lyon being in the predicament they are.... I'd be all over that Caqueret lad who looked absolutely brilliant for France young uns. 

I have no idea if he's played or how he's played this season mind.

DM who's an absolute natural on the ball.

Great shout - he’s a very good player with loads of upside - I’ve mentioned him quite a few times 

Just did someone Dennis Wising and its always a good sign when a DM is given free kick duties, especially a 23 year old no less. Think he's French U21s captain too. Looks made for us, judging by YouTube. Seems to nick the ball well and plays progressive passes. 

Would be a great understudy for Bruno IMO.