NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

We've had Injuries galore this year Willock looks to be a bit injury prone Anderson picks up niggles all the time tonali is too busy placing bets. So that leaves us with a still not fully fit joelinton a raw miley bruno and Longstaff we need another especially if we are in Europe still come January. 

Did a bit of YouTubing of this 17 year argie kid all the top clubs seem to be after Echeverri.

What a talent the kid looks and exactly the type of player who could make a difference for us, a cross between Silva and Messi would break the bank now.

Age profile says Miggy and Murph as the players to sell if we need FFP funds. Since both are RW I'd guess it would have to be either/or. 

It's a real shame Barnes has been out because I think we'd have been trying to shoehorn him and Gordon into the same team. 

Cdgr_l7jsRP35_l0LvE5EvLJKOyKKrjkNS5_8sSh

That's his record for BRodge, not Eddie Howe. He's already the finished article, but I expect Eddie to get extra out of him.

On 02/12/2023 at 09:16, TheBrownBottle said:

My guess - and of course I could be completely wrong - is that if we went for Kalvin Phillips on loan there will be a transfer clause in the contract.  I don’t get the impression that Howe is the stop-gap short-term fix type

To be fair though, I doubt he's had a scenario where his £60m signing is out for reasons out of his control. Someone to cover just until he's back is perfect.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

To be fair though, I doubt he's had a scenario where his £60m signing is out for reasons out of his control. Someone to cover just until he's back is perfect.

Yeah, that’s true - though I don’t think Kalvin Phillips would be directly covering for Tonali; he’d be allowing Bruno to be rotated or pushed forward

The next stage of selling players I don’t think should be about who isn’t good enough - as all of our players are good enough relative to their squad status.

The next changes we need to make is to bring in budget relative to the FFP by selling players who are not physically resilient.

that means that Wilson an Willock are players I will be sad to see go. But they should go.

1 hour ago, James said:

The next stage of selling players I don’t think should be about who isn’t good enough - as all of our players are good enough relative to their squad status.

The next changes we need to make is to bring in budget relative to the FFP by selling players who are not physically resilient.

that means that Wilson an Willock are players I will be sad to see go. But they should go.

Has Willock been injured often aside from the current injury which goes back to last season? I don’t think he’s a crock.

correction: I see his previous injury was hamstring and currently it’s Achilles tendon. So maybe he’s a crock.

Edited by SAK

Just watched the 16 goals Guirassy has scored this season. Judging from that and that alone he'd be an incredible January signing. No guarantee he continues that scoring form with us though ofcourse.

His style of play and technique is VERY similar to Isak though so you can absolutely see why we'd be interested.

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Just watched the 16 goals Guirassy has scored this season. Judging from that and that alone he'd be an incredible January signing. No guarantee he continues that scoring form with us though ofcourse.

His style of play and technique is VERY similar to Isak though so you can absolutely see why we'd be interested.

Guirassy is 27 though, which doesn’t really fit our profile. We’d be looking for a younger version of Wilson rather than an older version of Isak, imho.

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Was just going to post our link with him (Football Insider/BBC). Plus De Gea (free agent) and Ramsdale. Off to ogle the 16 goals. 

3 hours ago, Emotic said:

Guirassy is 27 though, which doesn’t really fit our profile. We’d be looking for a younger version of Wilson rather than an older version of Isak, imho.

That was my first thought also. But I don't see an issue with that ultimately if the price and contract length is right.

We've signed a few players over 25 since the takeover so I wouldn't say it's the wrong profile really and if he replaces Wilson in the squad next season (maybe) then the age of the front line drops by a few years anyway.

For those who want us to sign a proper defensive mid, do they still want Bruno to move to one of the other 2 centre mid positions?

Because Bruno is so important in our play from being press resistant and controlling the centre of the pitch that I think moving him for a defensive mid wouldn't work.

He's not got the leg power to play in the other slightly more advanced centre mid positions consistently and he's brilliant as the deepest lying one. A defensive mid could disrupt that. Or they're sitting on the bench

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

For those who want us to sign a proper defensive mid, do they still want Bruno to move to one of the other 2 centre mid positions?

Because Bruno is so important in our play from being press resistant and controlling the centre of the pitch that I think moving him for a defensive mid wouldn't work.

He's not got the leg power to play in the other slightly more advanced centre mid positions consistently and he's brilliant as the deepest lying one. A defensive mid could disrupt that. Or they're sitting on the bench

I guess I have imagined more of a central fluid pairing. For example, it was someone like Phillips, perhaps with him more often than not, sticking and enabling Bruno to approach the opposition box. Take your point though, that requires a tweak to current midfield roles. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If Willock, Longstaff and Anderson are not long term then it is debatable that we even need an extra midfielder in January.

Short term maybe not. Long term we need to improve on them. 

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think Tonali might have been that player?

I just don't think we need a "destroyer" that a lot are asking for

Yes me too, on both counts. Which is why I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try for Phillips if a loan was available. Even if surplus to requirements, when everyone is fully fit, we wanted Tonali (well I think we really wanted Szoboszlai) and squad size is a bit like portion size for food: you’d rather be looking at it than for it.