NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Decky said:

Does anyone have an actual idea of where we stand with regards FFP and what we can spend in January? Something that isn't speculation.

No idea at all but surely loans/frees would work. De Gea, Phillips and Wor Hugo would make a difference imo.

5 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

No. I don’t want Solanke at NUFC. I’d like to think we’re setting our sights a lot higher. 

I think this is underrating Solanke a fair bit, tbh. He's genuinely looked really good this season in terms of all-round game and is on track for a 20 goal league campaign. 

His current career arc in terms of age and performance going from Champ to PL is extremely similar to Ivan Toney. Both appear to be late bloomers - only that because Solanke was in and around PL clubs from a very young age and had that rough first season at Bournemouth replacing Wilson he probably gets more unfairly disparaged.

I don't necessarily disagree in an ideal world, but in theory we've already gone big on Isak as marquee CF signing but we're struggling to get the best our of him due to lack of rotation options. Having somebody physically robust, with a good all round game, hungry and finally seemingly fulfilling his potential would be a huge help to this current squad. 

The main issue is that it's a different Bournemouth to when we signed Wilson and they'd be wanting daft money.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

I don't necessarily disagree in an ideal world, but in theory we've already gone big on Isak as marquee CF signing but we're struggling to get the best our of him due to lack of rotation options. Having somebody physically robust, with a good all round game, hungry and finally seemingly fulfilling his potential would be a huge help to this current squad. 

The main issue is that it's a different Bournemouth to when we signed Wilson and they'd be wanting daft money.

Yeah but it’s Eddie fucking Howe. Favours ‘narl [emoji38]

Could be an interesting window. 

Ashworth's shit and does fuck all so no idea why Man U want him. 

Miggy's shit again

Longstaff's shit again but we should flog him for FFP anyways. Probs about £60m

Need a new manager cos Eddie's shit as well. Cunt can't even get a tune out of Matt Ritchie ffs

These owners can fuck off as well. Had 2 years to turn us into Real fucking Madrid and were only 7th

Merry Christmas 🤶😉

8 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Could be an interesting window. 

Ashworth's shit and does fuck all so no idea why Man U want him. 

Miggy's shit again

Longstaff's shit again but we should flog him for FFP anyways. Probs about £60m

Need a new manager cos Eddie's shit as well. Cunt can't even get a tune out of Matt Ritchie ffs

These owners can fuck off as well. Had 2 years to turn us into Real fucking Madrid and were only 7th

Merry Christmas 🤶😉

Added to that the debacle of only securing 6,000 tickets for the Sunderland game & allowing our only game changer to go to Saudi

Something has to give 

IF there’s any chance of bringing a couple of quality players in then we must do it. Not only to strengthen but it would also mean a lot in general and lift the moral and belief amongst the current players and squad. A couple of players would be a breath of fresh air and it would lift the spirits up. This combined with some players coming back (hopefully) could kick start our season. Might get worse before it gets better but it wouldn’t take a lot to turn the tide and hit some positive momentum and kick on. It’s times like these where the strong ones and the winners start showing real leadership and will. Can blame fatique all we want, but it’s at least 50% of mentality. I refuse to write this season off or using tiredness as a too big of an excuse. We and will turn this around. But the fans and the players and staff have to do it together. 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

IF there’s any chance of bringing a couple of quality players in then we must do it. Not only to strengthen but it would also mean a lot in general and lift the moral and belief amongst the current players and squad. A couple of players would be a breath of fresh air and it would lift the spirits up. This combined with some players coming back (hopefully) could kick start our season. Might get worse before it gets better but it wouldn’t take a lot to turn the tide and hit some positive momentum and kick on. It’s times like these where the strong ones and the winners start showing real leadership and will. Can blame fatique all we want, but it’s at least 50% of mentality. I refuse to write this season off or using tiredness as a too big of an excuse. We and will turn this around. But the fans and the players and staff have to do it together. 

Biggest thing for us is to get European football next season - it’s an absolute must - the more experience we get the better we  will become, 

It’s the forward areas we need to improve - one loan and 2 perm if we can - 6 - RW - FWD

How much realistically can we spend in next month due to FFP? I doubt it would even be enough for one first team ready player as everyone would be looking to rinse us in our desperation.

Best we can hope for imo is hope we get the bulk of the injured back in the team by February and make a push for the EL spots.

20 minutes ago, Beth said:

How much realistically can we spend in next month due to FFP? I doubt it would even be enough for one first team ready player as everyone would be looking to rinse us in our desperation.

Best we can hope for imo is hope we get the bulk of the injured back in the team by February and make a push for the EL spots.

We don't have access to the books so it's hard to say, despite anyone telling you they know for a certainty we can't spend.

I suspect, though many here disagree, that the summer budget will be expended in January on account of the current circumstances. Howe has been characteristically coy in pressers, suggesting we'll make some stop-gap moves based on the injury list, but I suspect he's strategically underplaying what will be a very aggressive January for us.

Edited by Upthemags

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Well said 👍

Personally think we need a RW, CB, GK and a more defensive minded midfielder which we certainly won't get all of in January. Maybe 2 of those at best. 

Unsure whose available out there who'd make a big difference. Remember us being linked with Nico Williams at Bilbao for a wide man but he signed a new contract at the start of this month. Kalvin Phillips keeps on being linked as well but unsure if Man City will deal with us favourably ie a loan with an option to buy.

We need incomings though.

34 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Not if our options are the bench are limited to just Matt Ritchie

Would be a very short term fix considering Murphy & Barnes is back within a months time. The worst fixture congestion until then is right now when we can't do anything about it anyway.

Not worth it as he'd be unlikely to get much (if any) playing time after that with us only having fa cup & league to play now.

Assuming City win their game in hand, we are already 7 points adrift of 5th and the last CL spot (If England even get it). Can't see the reason for spending money next month chasing something we're highly unlikely to get. Let's get through the month, get a few players back from injury and make a push for 6th and see where we are in the summer.