NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Izakaya said:

Bit sick of being linked with every mid tier, potentially got potential £40-60m english kid out there.  

Aye, and a decent number of them have played on the left hand side too. I like Emile but I’m sure there’s better value out there and he’s not played nearly enough in recent years for him to make an impact this season. If he came next season I still wouldn’t be excited about him by virtue of him having done nothing really yet 

3 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Bit sick of being linked with every mid tier, potentially got potential £40-60m english kid out there.  

Same. I'm sure he's got potential but I'd rather pay a loan fee for a tried and tested player right now.

We need to get first team players in, not players with possible potential in a year or two. The first team needs upgraded first and I would certainly be asking questions if that's not the case, in this and the next couple of windows.

Edited by et tu brute

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Be mad if we ignore value and potential from abroad, all for the English core of the team but we need to balance and enhance the team with top quality players from elsewhere. 

Particularly if there’s just not the right fit among available English players. Bowen would be a great replacement for Miggy at RW, for example, but he’s not moving from West Ham. We’ll have to add a foreigner if we want to upgrade there.

If Smith Rowe is a genuine target get the feeling the transfer blue print has changed significantly towards British/EPL based players.

Think it’s the wrong approach personally in terms of value and beating FFP restrictions. Also don’t feel where necessarily getting the best player with this approach and signing players who haven’t made it at big clubs would represent another marked change.

Feel as though Nickson had significant say in the first two windows, but i get the impression rightly or wrongly Howe has far greater input since Ashworth arrived.

Going back to Maddison, at the end of the season I was glad we got Barnes over him. Thought he didn’t suit our pressing and was a bit lazy. But I was wrong when I’ve seen him for Spurs this year he’s not only been immense but working hard off the ball too. Shame we didn’t get him as he’d be an absolute star in this team. 

Wasn’t there loads of talk of us being interested in the South American market? We’ve been linked with a lot of Brazilians and a fair few Argentinians. They also mentioned that they were looking at the French league market for value originally. There’s also been a decent amount of scouting of the Italian market too. Find it hard to believe that there aren’t far more affordable options outside the PL. Also think that when it comes to technique, we’re still generally poorer than a lot of our top European counterparts and South American ones. Foden is a match for the rest of the world in terms of technique but there’s few other English / British players that have his technical quality on the ball if any 

Phillips could be such an easy option for us short and mid term, get him in and see how he gets on. Personally think he’d be so good for us and exactly what we need. Admittedly it would flood our CM options but the Joes could be pushed to LWF and move Gordon over to the RWF

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

Szoboszlai’s the “one that got away” for me (even if we were never really in for him.) Think he’s going to be one of the best players in the league in no time.

Actually never seen anything he's done whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Philips is so obvious a fit and his move to us overhyped, it feels like it's going to be another one that we get linked to relentlessly, drag out into the transfer window, only for him to end up elsewhere. 

🤞🏼🤞🏼

I wanted Maddison and MacAllister in the summer. Was happy with Tonali in place of MacAllister but we really are missing a creative player in the midfield. We're also missing a true 6. Having those options would have allowed us to be so much more flexible depending on the fixture.