NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

42 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Riskier than letting Shelvey go last season without a replacement? Especially with us chasing top 4 a year ago.

Yes, in the sense that I've been half-expecting us to extend his contract and would be fine with it, whereas Shelvey just had to go.

But if we sell him then I assume either he's indicated he'll be moving on for more playing time or we're planning on a big CB purchase in the summer (Schar competition / successor), in which case it would make sense.

Though I'd be pretty surprised if Besiktas is the best/only option. Seems like he could do a decent job for anyone in the bottom half of the PL through the top half of the Championship.

Just now, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

His wages are like 400k a week. We couldn’t do that.

Two things: If it a loan then surely we could arrange it so Al-Ittihad continue to pay the bulk of it - if it is permanent he'll have to reduce his terms. Al-Ittihad surely can control if/when he goes and to an extent where.

Chron are prattling on about some tenuous link to Kimmich. 

One minute we’re biting the FFP pilllow, the next we’re splurging on Ederson and Kimmich. Put it all in the bin. Can’t be arsed.

Billing is alright but he's not even in the Bournemouth team at the moment. No known contract situation to exploit so don't see how it remotely makes sense. 

7 hours ago, Mikky said:

Not a like for like as such but Yousuf Fofana  would be good - on a Bosnian too - similar age 

My dream scenario is Ederson AND Fofana

shouldn't have, but made me chuckle.

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Riskier than letting Shelvey go last season without a replacement? Especially with us chasing top 4 a year ago.

IMO yes because Shelvey is so useless it doesn’t matter whether you have him in the squad or not. 

Billing , McTominay and Phillips 3 players I hope never grace the black and white stripes.

I’d like to think where trying to be a bit smarter whilst battling FFP and trying to bridge the gap.

Surely we could sign a Billing-esque forrin based player for a third of what Bournemouth would want? A player like him can't be that difficult to scout.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman