NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Mazzy said:

You'd hope so. As well as potentially getting Haydens wages off our hands this January if we're lucky. 

Absolutely zero teams are takingup Haydens wages, a loan/sale to the Champo will still see us heavily subsidising him al la Gayle/Hendrick/Lewis etc

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So, from all the 'dubious' reports floating around we're looking to potentially sell Bruno, Isak, Tripps, Miggy and even big Joe? I know a lot of it is press speculation and outright mischief making, but the whole FFP thing just seems to be making any progression/competition ridiculous (I know cynically speaking, that's the point for the 'selfish six'). I just don't see how a turn over all our best players could possibly be  good thing, unless they were sold for silly money - but that seems unlikely with any sale being subject to 'reasonable valuation, no doubt hampered further by the other clubs in the league who don't want us to progress. It's just making the whole game have a sour taste currently.

When it comes to selling to Saudi the price is dictated by market value. If a European club offered £30m for Miggy then we could justify asking for a stupid amount. No club ever has shown that much interest though and certainly not for daft money.

12 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So, from all the 'dubious' reports floating around we're looking to potentially sell Bruno, Isak, Tripps, Miggy and even big Joe? I know a lot of it is press speculation and outright mischief making, but the whole FFP thing just seems to be making any progression/competition ridiculous (I know cynically speaking, that's the point for the 'selfish six'). I just don't see how a turn over all our best players could possibly be  good thing, unless they were sold for silly money - but that seems unlikely with any sale being subject to 'reasonable valuation, no doubt hampered further by the other clubs in the league who don't want us to progress. It's just making the whole game have a sour taste currently

I think they would obviously prefer to sell older players like Miggy and Trippier. 

Ideally neither of any of our other squad players had any value. I think selling a Bruno is worst case if we got desperate as he and Isak are our highest value assets. But the likes of Gordon, Isak,Botman and Bruno I believe are what we are trying to build around. 

They won't be trying to flog all of them. Just the older players that have some value. Miggy is probably the best of the rest as he had a strong season last year for output. Joelinton is probably the other that they may seem worth getting a fee for in the summer. 

Edited by alexf

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Gordon

Barnes

Murphy

Isak

Willock

Anderson

Ritchie

Hall maybe?

I wonder if Howe would look at that and think we can possibly muddle through to the summer?

Anderson is still six weeks away, is he not? Barnes injury is highly susceptible to reoccurring, and can see Willock dropping in and out of availability like Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Are we just hitting reset on the 10 year plan?

Trippier, Wilson and Miggy probably don't even feature in the five year plan.

Pure guesswork, but the strategy seems to be to shift a couple of ageing lads while they still have value, rather then offload one of the key players in the summer.

17 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Anderson is still six weeks away, is he not? Barnes injury is highly susceptible to reoccurring, and can see Willock dropping in and out of availability like Wilson.

Hadn't realised it was still 6 weeks but we've been in this situation before with Shelvey. If anything there's more cover in the wide areas than we there was after we sold Shelvey, from memory. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, but can you fine the right signings to come in right now? 

I think midfield is the most important gap to fill, we can cover Miggy with Murphy or Barnes when they come back. Maybe even Lewis Hall at a push.

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Hadn't realised it was still 6 weeks but we've been in this situation before with Shelvey. If anything there's more cover in the wide areas than we there was after we sold Shelvey, from memory. 

I think the difference is that Shelvey was effectively useless so it didn't make much difference if he was in the squad or not. Whereas Miggy is a key part of the starting lineup at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think the difference is that Shelvey was effectively useless so it didn't make much difference if he was in the squad or not. Whereas Miggy is a key part of the starting lineup at the moment. 

I don't think this happens if Joelinton wasn't out for the season. The midfield is down to the bare bones and we don't have any options there.

Just now, TRon said:

I don't think this happens if Joelinton wasn't out for the season. The midfield is down to the bare bones and we don't have any options there.

You're assuming we're buying a CM though? We might be.

I'd be ok with selling Miggy and Trippier now and not replacing them if the right players arent available. Better long term to sell now and buy in the summer. I'd just focus on next season already and use the rest of this season to give players like Tino minutes in their correct position. 

So we're selling:

Trippier

Lascelles

Manquillo

Bruno

Joelinton

Almiron

Wilson

So many likable players there...🥺

Should be a big budget to get players in this summer though.

3 hours ago, STM said:

Making stuff up again. :thup:

That first paragraph is nothing but guesswork. In fact, guesswork is doing it some favours.

I can only assume you have an agenda, it’s the only reason why someone would make something up to suit a certain narrative.

Why would I have an agenda very bizarre.

The first paragraph is supported by press reports around make up of transfer committee changing.

edit supported by Chris Waugh article in Athletic -

Newcastle’s transfer committee has evolved since the early days, when Howe, Jason Tindall, his assistant, Steve Nickson, the head of recruitment, and Amanda Staveley, one of the club’s co-owners, did pretty much everything. Dan Ashworth, the sporting director, is now prominent, Darren Eales, the chief executive, looks at the financial picture, while Andy, Howe’s nephew, is an influential voice on scouting.

https://theathletic.com/4593284/2023/06/09/newcastles-summer-transfer-window-budget-targets/

Edited by Whitley mag

I get the need to flog some of those players mentioned it we want to progress and upgrade. 

However....it doesn't build any depth. Unless you are also going to buy a whole host of cheap young players in the summer also, then even if we replace these players with better, we are only an injury to them away from fielding the likes of Ritchie (or equivalent) again. 

I think my hope was that we would be able to phase out the likes of Miggy, Trippier, Wilson etc and they would be great fresh squad players to use where their age wouldn't be an issue not needing to play every week.